ADVERTISEMENT

Lax Scores This Weekend

bigmatt718

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Mar 11, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Army beat Loyola 10-5
Duke beat St. Joe's 12-9 (I wouldn't mind getting St. Joe's FOGO in the portal in the offseason, Lenape/Mt. Laurel kid from South Jersey)
UNC beat Providence 25-8
UVA beat ND 15-10
Princeton up big on Yale, 14-5 in the 3rd
UMass up 10-6 on Brown

I've been bouncing around the games this afternoon. Virginia pretty much took ND's defense apart in the second half. Princeton has embarrassed Yale so far. 18-7 last I looked. Tigers are much too quick for Yale. The Loyola-Army game featured perhaps the worst camera work I have seen covering a lacrosse game. Really spoiled the enjoyment. They could not properly cover the whole field as the camera operator could not keep up with the play.

I don't have the extended B1G+ coverage, so I am relying on some of you guys to provide info on MD/PSU and JH/Michigan.

There was some talk of him coming last season.

Princeton and Umass help the metrics. Army Loyola is probably a wash for us
That would be huge. UMass almost botched the game against Brown. Goalie had the ball with 1:20 left. Instead of playing the ball short he threw a 3/4 field pass that went out of bounds and gave Brown a shot to tie. Goalie then made a great save to preserve the lead/win the game. Is Brown still missing a ton of players?

Army beat Loyola 10-5
Duke beat St. Joe's 12-9 (I wouldn't mind getting St. Joe's FOGO in the portal in the offseason, Lenape/Mt. Laurel kid from South Jersey)
UNC beat Providence 25-8
UVA beat ND 15-10
UMass up 10-6 on Brown

And Notre Dame got some home cooking from the refs during their second qtr rally.

That would be huge. UMass almost botched the game against Brown. Goalie had the ball with 1:20 left. Instead of playing the ball short he threw a 3/4 field pass that went out of bounds and gave Brown a shot to tie. Goalie then made a great save to preserve the lead/win the game. Is Brown still missing a ton of players?

First game back. I'm not sure they were allowed to practice before Friday. Talk about blowing a season.

Army beat Loyola 10-5
UNC beat Providence 25-8
UVA beat ND 15-10
UMass up 10-6 on Brown

Dartmouth's FOGO will graduate in June with 2 years left. Won 70% in that debacle at Chapel Hill, which is his average over the season. All-Ivy last year.

I've been bouncing around the games this afternoon. Virginia pretty much took ND's defense apart in the second half. Princeton has embarrassed Yale so far. 18-7 last I looked. Tigers are much too quick for Yale. The Loyola-Army game featured perhaps the worst camera work I have seen covering a lacrosse game. Really spoiled the enjoyment. They could not properly cover the whole field as the camera operator could not keep up with the play.

I don't have the extended B1G+ coverage, so I am relying on some of you guys to provide info on MD/PSU and JH/Michigan.
UMD / PSU and JHU / Michigan will air on BTN broadcast, fyi.

Michigan and Hopkins tied 6-6 at the half. Hopkins may not have the least skills in the B1G, but they are the least athletic.

Army beat Loyola 10-5
UNC beat Providence 25-8
UVA beat ND 15-10
UMass up 10-6 on Brown
I like how the high schools in South Jersey with Native Amercian names are usually pretty good in lacrosse:

Lenape
Cherokee
Shawnee

Michigan falling apart. I have to imagine their HC is going to be fired in a little over a month and they're gonna throw stupid money at a big name hire. Michigan does NOT tolerate losing in any sport.

He signed a new deal not long ago but there is talk about that job and a certain Acc coach wanting it. I hope that doesn’t happen. RU legend Scott Beida is the offensive assistant there. I’d like to see him do well.

Hopkins officially has a goalie issue, even in the win. Michigan just plays so careless.

Reactions: Roy_Faulker
Cornell up 6-4 over Penn in the 2nd, but Long is in street clothes. With him Cornell is an Elite 4 team. Without him still in the Top 8.

Reactions: seasidetony
CJ is insanely good.

You can’t stop him. To beat Cornell it’s the others guys. He’s going to get his.

Well we beat Loyola so seeing them win would be good too. But yea at this point Army running the table wouldn’t hurt. Dream scenario would be them going undefeated until their champ game and losing to loyola. Army Cornell is a game to keep an eye on.

We are splitting hairs at this point.

Well we beat Loyola so seeing them win would be good too. But yea at this point Army running the table wouldn’t hurt. Dream scenario would be them going undefeated until their champ game and losing to loyola. Army Cornell is a game to keep an eye on.

We are splitting hairs at this point.
I’ll take your dream scenario. 😉

Reactions: Caliknight
I was up at West Point

Horrible day for lacrosse which plays right into Army’s hand. They love playing in adverse conditions. They’re tough as nails and they like sloppy “non offense” type weather.

Loyola didn’t play well. Didn’t shoot it well
Army d was good and goalie was hot and made some really crazy saves before he went out late with a leg injury

Army scored 2 of its 10 goals man up 6 on 4

Army scored 2 other goals on really bad transition turnovers by Loyola that were essentially gifts

The weather was miserable. One of the worst games I’ve been at weather wise…wind, hard rain and 38 degrees

Army won but Loyola played awful

See what happens in May in the PL Tourney

I might be wrong but I think Loyola will be playing it’s best lacrosse in April and May.

Loyola has wins over #4 Maryland and #8 Hopkins

Loyola has losses to #3 Duke, #6 Rutgers and #12 Army

They didn’t look good, but lots of good teams lose in winter conditions at West Point

Reactions: Caliknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT