ADVERTISEMENT

Let's not forget about the guys we have

Aug 29, 2014
Hayden Rettig was as good of a recruit as JG and Haskins are. Who's to say he can't lead us for 3 years with a plethora of recruits who WANT TO BE HERE and WANT TO CREATE A LEGACY IN NJ/AT RUTGERS?

We have always found a way to bounce back. I have incredible faith that it will be no different this time, and we will still maintain a good to great class to go with all the talent we currently have.

I forgot to mention the fact that we have 2 seemingly stud So. RBs, a RS Fr Safety, a young core of LBs, an incredibly young and improving secondary, and still some light at the end of the tunnel for 2016 recruiting with numerous 4 star prospects considering us as they whittle down their lists.

Today is just one bump in the road. No amazing, finished product got there without a few blemishes along the way.

Originally posted by Rutgers Man 22:
Hayden Rettig was as good of a recruit as JG and Haskins are. Who's to say he can't lead us for 3 years with a plethora of recruits who WANT TO BE HERE and WANT TO CREATE A LEGACY IN NJ/AT RUTGERS?

We have always found a way to bounce back. I have incredible faith that it will be no different this time, and we will still maintain a good to great class to go with all the talent we currently have.
Ditto. Disappointing for sure about JG but does anyone remember..................Tom Savage?

It wasn't just about JG, more the recruits he could bring with him

Originally posted by RUwoz:
It wasn't just about JG, more the recruits he could bring with him
You're very right. I honestly like Haskins better as a player and think Rettig is damn close, if not better, than both but saw more value in JG because of who he could bring. Key word, could.

Just because he is going to Tennessee doesn't mean the other guys are 100% gone. It isn't as if we expect to reel in multiple 5 star recruits every year anyway, so not getting Gary or Walker doesn't become some major loss but more of an incredibly low percentage "what if". And, last I checked, Walker was on campus a little while back. So, who the hell knows.

The important thing to remember is we will have guys who WANT to be here; if you don't want to be here, you will never perform to your full potential here. 70% effort out of of JG is not better than Rettig, Dare, Rescigno, or Laviano. That's just the way it is.

I'm really interested in seeing two things now:

1.) If JG can actually pull people to TN with him.
2.) If we're going to continue to bring in a ton of top recruits for visits.

To me, there are some great WRs out there that I really want, like Harmon. And a ton of other top recruits looking to play here, too.

Re: It Wasn't About the Recruits He MIGHT Bring With Him

To the current players and those who give verbals and stick with them...THANK YOU !!!

Originally posted by CornerTavern:
I love the guys we have - go RU!
I love the guys we have too. But doesn't everyone want Rutgers to become better? I would think with the 1000 threads on JG plus other the answer is an outstanding YES

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT