ADVERTISEMENT

Lindy's CFB Magazine names Janarion Grant #1 All-Purpose player in US

With all that has happened to RU football since GS left, this is a hell of an honor for Grant. Like everyone, I just hope he is fully healed and has a great senior year.

Grant is oddly elusive. Gets something out of nothing pretty often.. then there are the times where he jukes right in front of someone.. ouchy.. guess that goes with the territory. fearless.

I bit stronger and with faster acceleration.. he'd be insanely good. Hmm.. come to think of it, he may just be a bit stronger and have faster acceleration this season. Players this age do develop.

Grant is oddly elusive. Gets something out of nothing pretty often.. then there are the times where he jukes right in front of someone.. ouchy.. guess that goes with the territory. fearless.

I bit stronger and with faster acceleration.. he'd be insanely good. Hmm.. come to think of it, he may just be a bit stronger and have faster acceleration this season. Players this age do develop.
Ray Rice ABSOLUTELY got stronger and faster. In college he was run down from behind by some ordinary talent. Against much better talent in the pros he was only run down by very fast people in the secondary and could get to the corner on sweeps much more quickly. He wasn't Darrell Green but who is.....?

58716305.jpg

You CAN get noticed on a bad team even when you miss most of the games. People take note of talent. It's great to see Grant recognized despite his limited exposure last year.

A healthy Grant can win a game or two by himself in the right situation. And fear of Grant should be of use to us as well.

Excellent. Let's hope he's fully recovered and has a healthy and productive season. We need him badly.

I was thinking of 245 lb. LB Ben Moffitt in Q3 of the 2007 USF game. There are others.

I remember that play. Moffitt wasn't a bad player. He was supposed to do well in draft and then his wife went sketchy on him and started saying she did all his school work for him etc.

Looking him up now I saw he had a bad truck accident and was still busted-up

Just the fear of Grant is worth 20 yards of field position on every kickoff and punt.

Ray Rice ABSOLUTELY got stronger and faster. In college he was run down from behind by some ordinary talent. Against much better talent in the pros he was only run down by very fast people in the secondary and could get to the corner on sweeps much more quickly. He wasn't Darrell Green but who is.....?

Ray Rice wasn't a burner. I don't remember him scoring long touchdowns. He would usually get caught. But he was usually 20 yards a down the field by the time he was touched

Reactions: HeyHuey
Ray Rice wasn't a burner. I don't remember him scoring long touchdowns. He would usually get caught. But he was usually 20 yards a down the field by the time he was touched
Ray Rice had a busty I had never seen with a Rutgers running back. His top speed might not have been the fastest, but his 10 yard dash was crazy fast and strong.

Maybe so but he also was a workhorse at RU and used between the tackles a whole lot. Not many touches in the open field like he had in the NFL. If a LB caught him on one play it's because he took a pounding and he also dished it out. He did break off a few long runs as well. We ran a power run game that is not designed to break off 60 yard runs like the spread is. So while he likely developed some, he was also used waaaay differently in the NFL.

Reactions: HeyHuey
I wonder how many times Big 10 Def Coordinators will actually kick off and punt to Grant? MIght be worth an OB KO penalty and short OB punts just to keep the ball out of his hands. He'll be shadowed when he lines up at Slot for sure.

If you get grant,Harris,Melton and Mitchell on the field together,it's tough to double
Up on anyone.

Let's hope JG is the number one all purpose player at the end of the year as well!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT