ADVERTISEMENT

Little things - warmups

Big East Beast

All American
Gold Member
Jul 26, 2001
I don’t get to go to many games and when I do rarely am there early enough to see warmups. Was early today and saw warmup routine.

One thing that was notable was the big men working out all were practicing going across the lane to their left and shooting lefty hook shots from about 5-7 feet. Not one or two guys - all of them. This is not an accident and brought back fond memories of Kareem. The shot was unstopppable and he could do it with either hand.

When you have a culture that is built on working hard to constantly improve, there are infinite opportunities to do so.

Mulcahy & McConnell have both been relentless workers since the day they arrived on campus are versatile and great role models as seniors.

Though Cliff had an ugly result attempting the lefty shot early in the game (from a little too far) this is the kind of attention to detail, love of the game and skill development which is the difference between having a program with an identity and a team.

Reactions: Scangg
I don’t get to go to many games and when I do rarely am there early enough to see warmups. Was early today and saw warmup routine.

One thing that was notable was the big men working out all were practicing going across the lane to their left and shooting lefty hook shots from about 5-7 feet. Not one or two guys - all of them. This is not an accident and brought back fond memories of Kareem. The shot was unstopppable and he could do it with either hand.

When you have a culture that is built on working hard to constantly improve, there are infinite opportunities to do so.

Mulcahy & McConnell have both been relentless workers since the day they arrived on campus are versatile and great role models as seniors.

Though Cliff had an ugly result attempting the lefty shot early in the game (from a little too far) this is the kind of attention to detail, love of the game and skill development which is the difference between having a program with an identity and a team.
I chalk the early miss up to adrenaline. Seemed like pretty much everyone was missing badly on both teams to start the game.

Cliff settled in nicely and had a really nice game. Fourth straight game where I’ve really liked what I’ve seen out of Cliff.

Reactions: Big East Beast
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT