ADVERTISEMENT

The little things vs NU

Yeah Baby

Heisman Winner
Aug 14, 2001
The little things win games so....

-Fernandes in only 10 minutes had 5 rebs, 3 assists and a handful of 50/50 balls went his way....or better said he went and got the 50/50 balls.

- Simpson with 4 steals and some really nice passes plus moved the ball inside and kicked out. That started since J Will came on board and gives our Offense some life when those two fly around

- Hyatt with 2 stops on Buie after switches, 6 rebounds, got some 50/50 balls, hit 4 FT's and exerted himself at the rim which I would like to see more of....and of course the game winner

- Cliff with only 5 blocks (lol) but altered many more, good hands on some 50/50 balls, some really nice finishes and not just the big dunks

J Mike - high energy really bothered Buie at times (sounds strange since the guy went off but he did), good hands, pushed the ball well up court, some big buckets

J Will - too much to put in a single post. He does it all and he has elevated this team and everyone on it, but the block....

Oskar - big shots and 2 with a hand in his face, great team player and will pull the trigger without hesitation

Good call outs on all.

All deserve big shoutouts. I want to give Simpson an extra shoutout because he has elevated his defensive game- so quick. Making plays on the defensive side.
And I know he hasn’t been consistent offensively, but he hit three really important shots by my count.

Reactions: ScarletDave
The little things win games so....

-Fernandes in only 10 minutes had 5 rebs, 3 assists and a handful of 50/50 balls went his way....or better said he went and got the 50/50 balls.

- Simpson with 4 steals and some really nice passes plus moved the ball inside and kicked out. That started since J Will came on board and gives our Offense some life when those two fly around

- Hyatt with 2 stops on Buie after switches, 6 rebounds, got some 50/50 balls, hit 4 FT's and exerted himself at the rim which I would like to see more of....and of course the game winner

- Cliff with only 5 blocks (lol) but altered many more, good hands on some 50/50 balls, some really nice finishes and not just the big dunks

J Mike - high energy really bothered Buie at times (sounds strange since the guy went off but he did), good hands, pushed the ball well up court, some big buckets

J Will - too much to put in a single post. He does it all and he has elevated this team and everyone on it, but the block....

Oskar - big shots and 2 with a hand in his face, great team player and will pull the trigger without hesitation
ALL the little things was almost negated by the abysmal foul shooting.

I know Ogbole f**ked up with that boneheaded kick, so he doesn’t deserve recognition, but if not for that I would have added him to this list. In only 6 minutes he had 1 OReb, 1 block, 1 steal, and got to the foul line twice (only 1-4 there). He is making his presence felt.

I know Ogbole f**ked up with that boneheaded kick, so he doesn’t deserve recognition, but if not for that I would have added him to this list. In only 6 minutes he had 1 OReb, 1 block, 1 steal, and got to the foul line twice (only 1-4 there). He is making his presence felt.
Ogbole makes it not so worrying when Cliff isn't out there.

Reactions: BillyC80
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT