ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: RHoops vs. Hofstra

Why are you sending a highlight tape for?
I cued both to 3 point shots showing decent form.. to illustrate your wrongness.. keep in mind.. his 2 three attempts today looked nothing like those... but last year he went 8 for 24.. 33%.. meaning his stroke was decent

Interesting stat looking at the box score - Hofstra has seven offensive rebounds and all by same player (Kante).

We're going to win, but we played absolutely flat today, and I don't think we've played well in any of the first three games.

On the plus side, we're talented enough to beat low majors handily now with a C level game.

I'm happy for the win and practice, but we have a lot to clean up. People here think we don't run an offense. We do. It's a weave with our big man cutting to the top of the lane and then we have cutters. Today against a zone, we looked out of sorts. A few times the ball was sent into the middle, we had wings cutting to the basket. That's how you beat a zone. You have them cut along the baseline.

Our FT shooting is for $hit, but we have to expect that going into the season. What we should NOT expect is missing so many easy layups. We must have missed at least 10 chippies in this game. That needs to be cleaned up. It's not physical in my view. It's mental.

On a positive, our D is pretty stout.

I love how all coaches wearing their masks for show, but when yelling, with sputum flying, they take them off.
Bad look.
Good win. Vegas push?

Reactions: bac2therac
its likely why they were ice cold for much of the game, thats why RU really should have won by 25...I dont think Hofstra offered anything tonight that was particularly dicey to RU especially on offense, their zone was nothing to write home about.

Reactions: zebnatto
Sloppy, sloppy, sloppy. We have missed so many chippies. And Pike needs to run a better zone offense. You get the ball in the middle and your two wings cut to the basket. That way you have several alternative plays including kicking it out for open jump shots.
We carved up zones last year. Teams playing us zone switched back to man quickly. Pike can carve it up, I am not worried .

Reactions: GoodOl'Rutgers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT