ADVERTISEMENT

Football LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers Football vs. Indiana

Interesting calls. It seems to me that GS is trying to instill a sense of belief. He knows we are not going to win a championship and is, IMO, making some calls that are designed as much to send a message as they are based on the game situation and strategy. I like what he is trying to do here.

Running game is there. 1-2 tandem of Pacheco and Adams could be formidable - especially with Niah running a bit too. Would open things up to pass. Guess they didn’t feel the run blocking was there 🤷🏽‍♂️

Reactions: RUfanSinceAnderson
Wow.
Our OC won’t be a hot commodity this year if this play calling keeps up.

Hey at least they’re giving different looks to try and see what works rather than just going straight vanilla. Give credit to Indiana for just simply shutting us down.

Well, we cut it to 23-15 late in the 3Q and then ran out of gas, plus we failed to convert two scoring opportunities, which could have made the game closer. I like playing to win though, even if the score looks worse (could've had 2 FGs).

It seems so many of the offensive calls rely on the defense screwing up rather than the offense making a play. The only way that 4th down play was ever going to work was a blown coverage or missed tackle.

2 touchdowns all last season for Bo Melton. 2 tonight. Great throws both as well, and great catches

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT