ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers Hoops vs. Sacred Heart

BTW, with 3:30 left in the Michigan State/Eastern Michigan game, MSU is only up by 17 and EMU is missing 3 starters for this game.

Yeah most frustrating part to me is outside shooting and free throws. Still play great D and are freaky athletic

Reactions: RUJMM78
Yeah most frustrating part to me is outside shooting and free throws. Still play great D and are freaky athletic
This will come as the season progresses. The one thing I really like to see is better FT shooting.

Paul looks very good. Cliff ELITE defensively. Guys trying to be too flashy on O. D turning into O. Still not running an offense in year 5
You’re last point is still my concern for this team. You can’t play street ball in March and come out with wins.

This team is still elite defensively, but it needs to get better offensively to have a shot at contending for the top part of the Big Ten.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
Mulcahy is a completely different player.
Paul looks very good. Cliff ELITE defensively. Guys trying to be too flashy on O. D turning into O. Still not running an offense in year 5

Don’t really see Pauls performance the same way.

I see much of the same. Which isn’t a bad thing per se.

Still can’t really defend perimeter. Coast to coast play had a 6 ft white kid in his hip who shouldn’t be on the floor. Great alley oop pass. Active hands on D.

Reactions: anon_0k9zlfz6lz9oy
You’re last point is still my concern for this team. You can’t play street ball in March and come out with wins.

This team is still elite defensively, but it needs to get better offensively to have a shot at contending for the top part of the Big Ten.
I said it last year and got torn to shreds for it. With pike we have a high floor but low ceiling. We built a house on a hill but with 6 foot ceilings.

Geo's ankle is fine. Relax. So far his 4th year game looks the same.
He likely wont even be needed as much next 7 days.

Only listening to audio.. but it sounded like we were too unselfish early on.. and that the transition game is really our game and we should be pushing that. Simply put, if we are the better team.. we want as many possessions and shots as possible.. take the first good shot. UNLESS this is really just a practice and we want to work on half-court offense for those times when we will need it.

I am trying to draw any conclusions from this. Bad opponent playing a bunch of zone.

players playing bad don’t worry me. Not getting too excited about the good things (except Cliff)

BTW, with 3:30 left in the Michigan State/Eastern Michigan game, MSU is only up by 17 and EMU is missing 3 starters for this game.

Mich St is going to be worse early in then they will be end of year but I’m not impressed by them and all and think we match up very well.

Reactions: shields
Bac...the season would have sold out on season tickets ...

now, we can argue how many no shows ...but I think 700”-7200 would have come through the turnstiles

Mich St is going to be worse early in then they will be end of year but I’m not impressed by them and all and think we match up very well.
Yes, it's true they usually get off to a slow start to begin the year and then come on strong at the end of the year. But my point is, too many here are being waaaaaaaaaaay over concerned over the first game. As I write this we're up 17 starting the second half.

Reactions: cubuffsdoug
Geo not on bench for second half. Ugh
Just hoping this is precautionary. Right now, we don't really need him over the next several games. He needs to heal and get back in ready shape against Sad Excuse.

Mathis is the most important player on the team dont at me
If his shooting percentage improved greatly and Geo's injury is an issue.. you are probably right. His shooting percentage was crap last year.. and that speaks to shot selection. We'll soon see how he has improved.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT