ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE GAME THREAD: Rutgers vs. Drexel

Played like sh!t after the 10 point lead ... time to regroup!

Halftime

RU - 30
Drexel - 31

Rutgers keeps turning it over and is struggling to score. Shooting 38% from the field, 2/7 from three. However 8/8 from FTs.

So we didn’t stink on Sunday? Too bad church isn’t 7 days a week. :chairshot:

Our offense is totally out of synch, so many flubs and errors. And when we get decent looks, we miss bunnies and jumpers.

This is just putrid basketball.

Reactions: ScarletDave
One thing I was noticing is that Drexel was missing a lot of open looks early on, when we built our lead. They were bound to start falling.

Gotta be in their face on every defensive possession in the second half.

Halftime

RU - 30
Drexel - 31

Rutgers keeps turning it over and is struggling to score. Shooting 38% from the field, 2/7 from three. However 8/8 from FTs.

7 tos is not the end if the world
Missing shot after shot from under the rim....is.

Drexel only has 4 tos. And outshot us 38 to 28 if my eyes are correct.and twice as many are threes.

Perimeter defense sucks. Stop leaving the shooters!

I think we have always been bad at that.

Mathis was definitely guilty in game 1.

Seems like it just isn’t emphasized.
Don’t understand why.

I also can't stand how we warm-up....loose and just shooting around. Drexel running drill after drill. Passing, moving, shooting, etc.

I think we have always been bad at that.

Mathis was definitely guilty in game 1.

Seems like it just isn’t emphasized.
Don’t understand why.
Because we keep bringing our big out to defend high, then their guy rolls and another guy has to leave his man to defend the key leaving a guy outside wide open.

Thankfully halftime saved us from being down by more, because we were being outplayed and taking them for granted.

Gotta come out with our hair on fire to start the second half.

Reactions: bac2therac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT