ADVERTISEMENT

Basketball LIVE THREAD/PREVIEW: Rutgers Hoops versus Michigan

Shows you how important Pauls play has been
Did having Martinelli work to their advantage?
I think he out coached Pike

Reactions: Scangg
Forget it … Wisconsin will take it to you, Indy will play out of their mind, then PSU will get that 20 point lead at the RAC where RU closes the gap with a loss … finish up 16-14
Didn’t you ****ing morons learn yet? Or do we need to bump the dOeS aNyOnE sEe AnOtHeR wIn thread again?

Reactions: cm_13
Rough game, but just one. We seem to play well when our backs are really up against the wall, hope we pull it out

Reactions: Joey Bags
Horrible defensive game, always a step behind. Bad offense can be overcome with good defense (i.e. vs Iowa).

71-62 final score.Pathetic performance in a game that had such importance for NCAA selection.

Reactions: Rokodesh
Shows you how important Pauls play has been
Did having Martinelli work to there advantage?
I think he out coached Pike
Team played like crap from the opening tip. Hard to blame Pike on this one. I blame Geo for appearing not to care and Mulcahy for sulking and bitching the whole game more than that .

Cliff with 17 on 8-9 shooting and Ron with 19 on 8-14 shooting and Caleb with an ok 9 on 4-9 shooting, but it was Paul at 2-8 and Geo at 2-11 with 3 assists between them that did us in.

Crept that Nova showed up for his last year.
Geo has for the most part been good this year. Hes had some scoring performances. Is he as good as most people act like he is? Nope, not close. Some think hes like rafter worthy haha. But hes not bad at all. Hes your classic hot and cold player. A poor mans jeremy hazell imo

This is who Geo is. He has very few big games with some good play and bad games mixed in but those ceiling games are rare and people expect them more than he delivers

Did this whole game feel B1G shady like the fixing results that needed to be Michigan for the betterment of the conference?
Like Michigan's record couldn't go down 14-12 here, just seemed so rehearsed and non chalant the whole game.

I think Martelli pulled this one out for Michigan. Listen to the interview as he left the court. He def hit the right psychology buttons for his team...impressive!!

Michigan played well in the second half. The only defensive energy I saw was the last three minutes of the game when it was desperation time. Why is that? Other than Cliff and Mag/Miller on defense the rest of the team was pretty bad. We may look back at this one with significant regret depending on how the season finishes. Of course there are several of these littered throughout the season.

oh well, he pisses, and moans at them constantly.
Yeah but that doesn't mean he's wrong. See Miles Johnson last year.
He needs to shut up but his coach needs to say something.

( My apologies if you saw me say " see Mike's Johnson " before the edit lol)

Last edited:
Defensive rotation was bad all night. Slow and late. I don’t get it. Wisconsin is critical now

Cliff somehow only had 3 rebounds

With the offense struggling and stagnant anyway and Paul and Geo struggling... this was a game to go to Cliff in the post. We did it like twice and Cliff scored. Plus they had no center depth. Puts perssure on Dickinson

Cliff with 17 on 8-9 shooting and Ron with 19 on 8-14 shooting and Caleb with an ok 9 on 4-9 shooting, but it was Paul at 2-8 and Geo at 2-11 with 3 assists between them that did us in.

and the lack of any bench …

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT