ADVERTISEMENT

Livingston Dorms Question

CERU00

All Conference
Feb 10, 2005
A friend's son was assigned to Livingston dorms. It sounds like he has a basement room... can this be true? Anyone know where there are basement living quarters?

If it's on Livingston, I don't recall if any of the three Quads had any basement units but I'm pretty sure the North & South Towers did not. I don't believe the new Livingston apartments have any basement units either but could be wrong. No other living quarters exist on Livingston campus that I'm aware of.

Hey @CERU00, I live on Livi. Do you know what dorm he's in? The Lynton Towers do not have basement rooms.
The quads have rooms whose windows face the rec center and NEC line but, because of the graded elevation increasing on the side facing the RAC, can be considered the basement if you're on the ground level in the courtyard area. It's the floor that used to connect all of the quads underground, back in the day

Back in the late 80s, i remember the quads being majority Livingston College students and the Towers being Rutgers College students mostly
Yup, I spent two years(87-88) in the North Towers. I was in CoE, but affiliated with RC for housing. Back then it was not freshmen only. First year, I was a freshman and there were mostly upperclassmen on my floor, which kind of sucked except there was never any problem getting alcohol.

Reactions: Korbermeister
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT