ADVERTISEMENT

Holloway budget address transcript

Fat Koko

Senior
Gold Member
Nov 28, 2022

"Of course, it wouldn’t be a budget speech without some mention of athletics. The topic of athletics was raised in a couple of the questions I received, and I certainly understand why. The very significant raise we gave our football coach drew a lot of attention. By any measure, he is extremely well-paid. It is also true that his salary falls just shy of the median of head coaches in the Big Ten; this is the unique world of intercollegiate football, which is also the source of more positive publicity for Rutgers across the country, by far, than any other activity."

Holloway sounds all in on big time sports. Interesting that he points out Rutgers football more important than Rutgers academics as source of positive publicity.

Reactions: Big East Beast

"Of course, it wouldn’t be a budget speech without some mention of athletics. The topic of athletics was raised in a couple of the questions I received, and I certainly understand why. The very significant raise we gave our football coach drew a lot of attention. By any measure, he is extremely well-paid. It is also true that his salary falls just shy of the median of head coaches in the Big Ten; this is the unique world of intercollegiate football, which is also the source of more positive publicity for Rutgers across the country, by far, than any other activity."

Holloway sounds all in on big time sports. Interesting that he points out Rutgers football more important than Rutgers academics as source of positive publicity.

He says it because it’s true.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT