ADVERTISEMENT

OT: California moves closer to becoming first state to ban tackle football for kids under 12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newsom is a WEF protege
Just like Haley

Their allegiance is to this rodent

Gif Artist Boo GIF by PEEKASSO
^^^ Yet my posts got deleted.

Newsom said he’d veto this.
He confirmed he would veto. Noted that plan is to adjust rules (e.g., hours of tackle practice, but allow parents to make decisions after that on playing. Interestingly, some Black lawmakers opposed law on basis that participation and opportunities in Football were higher for Black athletes that could be reduced; but for sports dominated by non-Black athletes, where concussion issues also are high, there would be no impact from the legislation (hockey, lacrosse, soccer).

He confirmed he would veto. Noted that plan is to adjust rules (e.g., hours of tackle practice, but allow parents to make decisions after that on playing. Interestingly, some Black lawmakers opposed law on basis that participation and opportunities in Football were higher for Black athletes that could be reduced; but for sports dominated by non-Black athletes, where concussion issues also are high, there would be no impact from the legislation (hockey, lacrosse, soccer).

I used to be dismissive of concussion prevalence in soccer and hockey as those were my sports, but was surprised by the data. I think there removing heading at young ages and checking in hockey makes sense.

Reactions: rucoe89
I am not familiar with youth flag league though, somewhat with adult. With adult, it was at your own risk with no pads or helmets. Is that the same with youth?

If so- how is it any safer?

Yep and the right wing nut moderators allow it.

Hey not everything is bad in America.

-The stock market is at all time highs

- unemployment is near record lows

-the US is energy independent with record oil and nat gas production

-mortgages rates are going back down

- inflation is going back down

- no terrorist attacks since Jan 6 2021
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

I'm not a fan of pre-teen tackle football

But with CA legalizing shoplifting and destroying its cities, I know they have more important things to do.
Really? I hadn't seen that. When did they pass legislation permitting shoppers to walk out of stores without paying? If it's true, a move to California might be just the ticket to offset inflation during retirement and the years of fixed income.

Quite prophetic. Many state governments have begun regulating women's bodies.

Listen, the state can tell women what to do, tell everyone what they can read, tell everyone they can't have cannabis, tell schools what they can teach, tell employers what discussions they can have, and can murder children on razors but what they can't do is keep AR-15s out of the mall or ask you to wear a mask during a pandemic. I heard as much at Liberty U.

At least there is one stand up lidiot in that cult.

And no when push comes to shove Newsom will not veto anything. He's a prolific liar in case you non Ca residents haven't figured that out already.

Next will be banning football all together.

So- what happened to kids touch football...

BTW- one of the questions I have- even though there is no blocking and tackling- aren't there still going to be major collisions and now the kids have no padding or helmets and most likely running at much higher speeds?

So- what happened to kids touch football...

BTW- one of the questions I have- even though there is no blocking and tackling- aren't there still going to be major collisions and now the kids have no padding or helmets and most likely running at much higher speeds?

Newsom didn’t approve and indicated he would veto this if it got to his desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT