ADVERTISEMENT

Liz Martino Transfers to Jackson St

I would have thought Liz Martino would go to a higher rated program but the Jackson St program went undefeated in the SWAC conference play winning the regular season championship and earned a dance invite winning by taking the tourney championship as well.
Jackson State is a good program and the SWAC is considered one of the premier HBCU conferences in the country.
Liz made a good choice

I wonder if the list of candidates who expressed interest will be announced prior to the selection.

Today is May 12 and we still don’t have a coach.
why start a thread about Liz, then next post hijack talking about Liz's transfer and make this thread about not having a HC yet.
Guess Liz wasn't a big enough loss to worry about replacing her.

As for my opinion, surprised that there isn't more hitting the portal since CVS decided to give up the Ghost
As for replacing Martino > Kia Carter ( from UNC Ashville) might just be able to if she improves her 3s. The step up might be a problem but Kia was a pretty good player there leading the Bulldogs in 3 pointers made and rebounding while 2nd in scoring.last season.
Abby Streeter is another one that transferred in (Hartford) that's moving up in the type of competition she will face at RU
She was second in average minutes played on the team and also 2nd in scoring average, but really can't be considered something to write home to mother about.

Can't say it will be hard to replace Liz, but Martino probably wasn't given a fair shake by Tim and never really had a chance to impress the way Eatman used her.

Have to say, Tim's handling of Liz's playing time was easily the worst that I've ever seen. I don't know what Liz looked like in practice, but she wasn't given a chance to break a sweat, let alone get into a playing groove.

I wish her the best at JSU. She should be able to play prominent role for their program.

Regarding some of the other players rushing to leave,...Unless you have a solid destination in mind where playing time is all but guaranteed, staying at RU may not look so bad at this point.

It's a tough call. I guess they see lots of playing time if they stay put. In an odd sort of way, this is an opportunity for some who struggled to get on the court.

Regarding some of the other players rushing to leave,...Unless you have a solid destination in mind where playing time is all but guaranteed, staying at RU may not look so bad at this point.

It's a tough call. I guess they see lots of playing time if they stay put. In an odd sort of way, this is an opportunity for some who struggled to get on the court.
actually staying at Rutgers is the best option if it was just the school that drew the players to come, but if it was CVS and her style of play, players on the roster must be wondering who will be the new HC and if that coach's game will fit theirs.
I believe Kia and Abby transferred in because RU is considered a major program and they felt they had a good chance to play a lot of minutes the way the program is looking , even if they were moving up in class..
Top teir talent might not feel that way until they see whose running the show.

May 15th…no coach! 😬
need to do some serious checking , so search firm was hired and they don't rush the job.
But help make a good choice without rushing .
200.gif

but I do understand the worry
Glad Liz found a program she felt was a good fit.
What do you think of her choice?

Reactions: HP_Fan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT