ADVERTISEMENT

Locksey and Maryland are Going to be Failures

I think whoever reported that had the wrong M school. Reports are he's actually headed to Michigan.

Bruce Feldman‏Verified account@BruceFeldmanCFB
BREAKING: #Alabama Co-OC Josh Gattis will become the new offensive coordinator at #Michigan, sources tell me & @ChrisVannini. This is a big addition for Jim Harbaugh and the Wolverines:

Yes, Gattis to Michigan. He previously coached at Penn St.

JoshGattis.jpg

He will have more talent and resources than NM. His biggest strength is recruiting the DMV.

He can recruit but has to go the Frankline / Dabo route and get great OC/DC to develop that talent.

Ah, I was at the DMV the other day renewing my license and I didn’t see much talent there
I would look elsewhere

Reactions: dconifer
Ah, I was at the DMV the other day renewing my license and I didn’t see much talent there
I would look elsewhere

LOL.

Actually the DMV does have 2020 and 2021 as best years in a LONG time.

As for Locksley, he will have it tough for at least 2-3 years until he gets his own 4 stars and high 3 stars of a roster. Then MAYBE he can hit the 7 win mark. Early on its probably be 4 wins.

East is brutal.

LOL.

As for Locksley, he will have it tough for at least 2-3 years until he gets his own 4 stars and high 3 stars of a roster. Then MAYBE he can hit the 7 win mark. Early on its probably be 4 wins.

East is brutal.

There is some decent talent on that roster now fella.....

There is some decent talent on that roster now fella.....

You are right...partially. Durkin brought in some excellent YOUNG talent. You don't beat Texas 2 years in row and pretty much Ohio State without talent.

But it was only flashes that proved MD does not have a solid QB or the depth to compete with the Top 3 in the division.

IMO, it will take 2-3 years of solid recruiting classes for MD to compete with the decent schools. And even then many things have to fall its way, ie staff and development.

But even if Lox fails, he sets up the recruiting expectations to a level MD has never seen in the modern era.

Reactions: miket007 and jorand

Eh. I highly doubt even Lox would make Hurts turn away OU right now. Hurts needs a NC now and MD is not that.

But it goes to show how much weight he carries as a recruiter.

This short term review of Lox is myopic.

Again, he WILL struggle in year 1 and 2 until he gets his 4 star recruits from 2020 and 2021 of the stacked DMV classes. He will steal four stars, who were not thinking of MD at all. College football is all about recruiting.

Already he has local DMV guys coming who never considered DUrkin and were going straight to elite schools. And Durkin brought Top 25 classes.

LOL.

East is brutal.
Question, will he team go bowling next year?

Question, will he team go bowling next year?

My prediction is 3 wins. I dont see a QB on that roster.

Also he will sell the high 3 stars and 4 stars on the future. So 2020 and 2021 could well be the best classes for MD.

But he has to produce eventually. The East is brutal.

Also he will sell the high 3 stars and 4 stars on the future. So 2020 and 2021 could well be the best classes for MD.

Can’t he land a transfer portal qb for 2019? Would make sense if he doesn’t have the qb he wants now.

If he can recruit kids that aren’t quite good enough for Alabama and bring them to MD their fans will be happy for a few years. But MD showed last year that they can win now.

I really don't see any excuse for Maryland to win 3 games any year in the near future. If that does happen I think they will have very much underperformed. You seem to be really setting the bar low for Locksley's coaching abilities, because Maryland has recruited such that they should be above .500 every year going forward. These aren't Edsall's guys anymore.

I don't know how anyone can predict Locksley will be a failure. The Terps have shown improvement over the past 5 years. It seems their fortunes are rising.

I really don't see any excuse for Maryland to win 3 games any year in the near future. If that does happen I think they will have very much underperformed. You seem to be really setting the bar low for Locksley's coaching abilities, because Maryland has recruited such that they should be above .500 every year going forward. These aren't Edsall's guys anymore.

It really is ALL about the QB issue for MD. Only Pigrome is on the roster. Unless he gets a solid QB transfer, I think the young O-line and no QB spells a mediocre season.

Yes, the Terps have talent from the Durkin years but again the East with OSU, Mich, and PSU is brutal. In football a turnaround takes time, even for a PSU and Franklin. Look at his first seasons and classes.

I just think Lox will need time to get his talent, QB AND get the staff he likes. So far he has had no time with the Bama season.

For the record, I do agree that MD as a program has a TON of upside IF they get it together and the top programs will be watching them closely.

Many coaches and journalists are on record saying similar things. I have been around the recruiting world and heard it all. But will MD Admin care? Who knows.

MD has an edge that the DMV talent is not against staying home and Lox is a solid recruiter. For example, 5 star Marshawn Lloyd was going to PSU or an elite but now he tilting to Lox and MD.

I don't know how anyone can predict Locksley will be a failure. The Terps have shown improvement over the past 5 years. It seems their fortunes are rising.

Partially I agree. But again read my recent post. Football turnarounds take time and he has no QB and a young OL.

Can’t he land a transfer portal qb for 2019? Would make sense if he doesn’t have the qb he wants now.

If he can recruit kids that aren’t quite good enough for Alabama and bring them to MD their fans will be happy for a few years. But MD showed last year that they can win now.

It would make sense.

But I think MD Admin is not helping Lox as much they should-- a bit like RU and many other mid or lower tier football programs. Football is expensive and not everyone has OSU or Mich money for assistants etc.

I think Lox is a bridge hire for the next coach until MD gets a new President and AD-- which they will very soon.

The next coach will have a ton of solid talent to work with because the man can recruit.

Lox is boom or bust hire.

I have known Lox and Franklin for a long time. Support system from schools matters ALOT.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT