ADVERTISEMENT

Lol at Rivals - and my situation

Westcoast

Heisman Winner
Gold Member
Nov 14, 2001
Portland Oregon
I was on vacation a couple months ago and my credit card was compromised so I had to cancel it. Once I got home it took me a couple weeks to get around to updating my cc info on all my auto payments, including Rivals. Once I tried to do it, it wouldn't let me renew my membership, which had lapsed, until I paid my outstanding balance of 9.95. I have tried multiple times to pay it and Rivals won't let me. I've tried emailing Rivals with a detailed explanation only to get auto responses that provide no help. So I figured I'd rejoin while the promotion is running and yet again, I can't because of the $9.95 outstanding balance. Lol
Rivals is the ONLY website I've had any problem with updating my card info. Every other one automatically allowed me to pay any balance when my new card info was entered. I think Rivals must have pre-teens doing their web programming. I've never seen a company try so hard not to let a customer pay them money. Lol

I was on vacation a couple months ago and my credit card was compromised so I had to cancel it. Once I got home it took me a couple weeks to get around to updating my cc info on all my auto payments, including Rivals. Once I tried to do it, it wouldn't let me renew my membership, which had lapsed, until I paid my outstanding balance of 9.95. I have tried multiple times to pay it and Rivals won't let me. I've tried emailing Rivals with a detailed explanation only to get auto responses that provide no help. So I figured I'd rejoin while the promotion is running and yet again, I can't because of the $9.95 outstanding balance. Lol
Rivals is the ONLY website I've had any problem with updating my card info. Every other one automatically allowed me to pay any balance when my new card info was entered. I think Rivals must have pre-teens doing their web programming. I've never seen a company try so hard not to let a customer pay them money. Lol
Who owns Rivals now? It was Yahoo!, then Verizon, and now, oh geeze, Apollo Global Management (90%) and 10% Verizon.

I assume you contacted Richie with no resolution before posting this?

No, i have not bothered Richie. It is my understanding he is not involved with website technical issues.
But you’re his customer and he’s Rival’s customer. So he can forward the problem up the chain to whomever can resolve it, probably. He gets a cut of your money, so I’m guessing he’s good with you reaching out to him about it.

Reactions: Richie O
No, i have not bothered Richie. It is my understanding he is not involved with website technical issues.

@Richie O
I am not involved with the technical side of things, but I could still push them to help you more, so for the future definitely reach out and that goes for everyone.

If you go to https://www.rivals.com/users/billing_information and update your CC info there, it should work no problem. Let me know if you're still having issues after that.

I am not involved with the technical side of things, but I could still push them to help you more, so for the future definitely reach out and that goes for everyone.

If you go to https://www.rivals.com/users/billing_information and update your CC info there, it should work no problem. Let me know if you're still having issues after that.
Richie - I had the same problem with a lost/replaced credit card, which I've updated and I even got an email from TKR saying my subscription payment was received. But I still don't have access to premium board posts (although, oddly, I can see the first post of every thread, but not subsequent ones, which say I need to subscribe to see them). I also logged out and in again, as well as restarted my PC. Any help would be appreciated.

Richie - I had the same problem with a lost/replaced credit card, which I've updated and I even got an email from TKR saying my subscription payment was received. But I still don't have access to premium board posts (although, oddly, I can see the first post of every thread, but not subsequent ones, which say I need to subscribe to see them). I also logged out and in again, as well as restarted my PC. Any help would be appreciated.
Did you try clearing your cache? Sometimes that works when cc info is gummed up on a website.
If you give me all of your credit card #s, expiration dates and pin codes, I can look into it for you. 🙃
But seriously, the cache may be the issue.

Reactions: RU848789
I can help with that. Just email me your credit card number, expiration date, and security code.

@RutgersRaRa, we got a live one...

Like I said above, I can't control the technical or billing side of things, so I will have to direct you to the rivals help form which is linked below. Yahoo Customer Care should be able sort this out for you. Please let me know if you have any other issues.

Reactions: RU848789
Same. I would have joined premium years ago but I refuse to pay the extra 10 bucks and also refuse to be bothered to call customer service.

Same. I would have joined premium years ago but I refuse to pay the extra 10 bucks and also refuse to be bothered to call customer service.
Seems to me that, for people who love talking RU sports and want to have earlier access to information about RU sports, $10/month (or whatever it is) is a bargain. I mean, it's a hobby and as hobbies go, that's incredibly inexpensive.

And you seem to really enjoy talking about RU sports.

Reactions: Fat Koko
Seems to me that, for people who love talking RU sports and want to have earlier access to information about RU sports, $10/month (or whatever it is) is a bargain. I mean, it's a hobby and as hobbies go, that's incredibly inexpensive.

And you seem to really enjoy talking about RU sports.
It’s a matter of principle and laziness, not money.

Reactions: Knight Shift
Dear Friend,

It seems you’ve fallen victim to the dreaded “Interweb Demons” curse. Fear not! To lift this digital hex, follow these three simple steps:

1. Ctrl + Alt + Reboot:
    • Unplug your router for exactly 30 seconds.
    • While waiting, perform a solemn dance (preferably the Robot or the Moonwalk).
    • Plug the router back in and chant, “Buffer be gone!” thrice.
    • Wait for the Wi-Fi light to blink in approval.
  2. Cache Cleansing Ritual:
    • Clear your browser cache and cookies.
    • Visit a random website (preferably one about cat memes).
    • Whisper, “Cookies, begone!” as you click ‘Clear.’
    • Restart your browser and marvel at the newfound speed.
  3. Emoji Exorcism:
    • Open your email app or messaging platform.
    • Send an email or message to a friend using only emojis.
    • Include a ghost 👻, a lightning bolt ⚡, and a smiley face 😊.
    • Type, “I banish thee, cursed lag!” and hit send.
Once completed, visit the mysterious subscription website. It will recognize your efforts and grant you access—no credit card required! Remember, tech curses thrive on frustration, so stay positive and keep those dance moves handy.

May your Wi-Fi signal be strong and your loading bars swift!

Best wishes, Your Fellow Web Wanderer 🌐

(PS.. this was suggested by MS Co-Pilot with a couple prompts by me in this direction)

• Haha
Reactions: mildone
I can help with that. Just email me your credit card number, expiration date, and security code.

@RutgersRaRa, we got a live one...
OGC.d75c09d4a449d4a309b93fac6c66dfce

Reactions: mildone
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT