ADVERTISEMENT

Looking to next year

For the past several years the rope unit has been the heart and soul of the team and it was like a badge of honor to be on the group. Those guys are just workers and they have made that position on this team something kids aspire to be. It is a thankless job that really good offensive players have taken and run with. I was just speaking with someone today and w mentioned that our rope unit could have been an offensive unit for several D1 teams. I spoke with one of our incoming recruits and he was excited to be targeted to play on the Rope group. 2/44/6/26 made this group fun and exciting. I am convinced that Bubba Fairman saw how important our rope unit was for use and decide to play there this year. This has been a fun group to watch and Rutgers certainly will have big shoes to fill.

I knew Cole was torn in his decision based on what I had heard.

It’s a tough grind. All we see are game days. These guys put in a lot of time. It takes its toll. If these guys could just play games they’d all do another year but the reality is fall is hard, pre season camp is hard...even during the season it’s hard. If 2 is not coming back, we wish him well and thank him for a job well done

We got some guys that can step up. Will they be 6/26/44/2 right out of the gate...no chance. But give them some run and there will always be that “next group”...I have zero doubt the next wave of great rope guys is gonna emerge here in the fall and in 2023
Well said. 3 years ago there would have been major questions about the rope guys. The developed into arguably the best group we’ve had. I expect that to continue. We have athletes and that’s who excels in that position. Quietly we are turning into Rope U.

Reactions: Scarlet83
Unfortunately, it looks like we are struggling to find offensive help in the portal. the top 4 kids on offense are off the market and Schelling looks to be going somewhere else. Brehdal could certainly help but it sounds like he is looking elsewhere as well. Not sure if we are looking for offensive help in the portal but at this point, the pickings seem to be pretty slim. Bromwell from Salisbury or Altobello from CNU could help

• Sad
Reactions: Leonard23
Is NIL Playing a role in these?
Definitely. It’s going to be interesting. Apparently a lot of Cuse guys are getting Gait money which happens to be their Coach. Whispers are the NCAA is starting to look at this stuff pretty closely.

There is definitely more comp for xfers out there now. Everyone took notice of what we’ve done.

I got a lot of great intel last night. I can’t share much but we are on some guys that can ball that no one really knows about. Not yet anyway.

Still in it for the Tevlin sweepstakes but there are two Acc schools that seemed positioned well.

Definitely. It’s going to be interesting. Apparently a lot of Cuse guys are getting Gait money which happens to be their Coach. Whispers are the NCAA is starting to look at this stuff pretty closely.

There is definitely more comp for xfers out there now. Everyone took notice of what we’ve done.

I got a lot of great intel last night. I can’t share much but we are on some guys that can ball that no one really knows about. Not yet anyway.

Still in it for the Tevlin sweepstakes but there are two Acc schools that seemed positioned well.
What about Fake?

Looked into the transfer portals and Georgetown is really loading up. Hope RU snags a few more.

We will get a couple of more for sure. Good culture, hard and tough competitors who will push their teammates to raise the level of play.

Reactions: Caliknight
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT