ADVERTISEMENT

Lost our dad at midnight

@Groz I don’t know you or your dad, but you have my deepest condolences. I just lost my father yesterday morning as well so I know where you are right now. Keep telling stories and walking down memory lane.

Strange seeing this post today — the world works in mysterious ways.
Damn, sorry to hear about your loss also. Tough day.

I lost my Dad back in January, so I feel both of your losses. My Dad surprised me with season tickets to RU Hoops when I was in 6th grade (81-82 season). That began a life long love affair with the Scarlet Knights for me. I am very happy and blessed to have attended games with my Dad at the RAC in section 114 for over 35 years.

I lost my Dad back in January, so I feel both of your losses. My Dad surprised me with season tickets to RU Hoops when I was in 6th grade (81-82 season). That began a life long love affair with the Scarlet Knights for me. I am very happy and blessed to have attended games with my Dad at the RAC in section 114 for over 35 years.
Sorry for your loss hinson. You probably sit near me.

Best of Luck,
Groz

Our dad Norman died peacefully at midnight at home in his bed at 93 years old. Many people knew my dad when I took him for many years to the basketball games.

In the last years while he was still able to go to games, all of the people at the RAC treated him as if he was royalty. When he started to need a walker at around 89 years old, he would move with his walker and was able to get down to my seats in 114. The ushers at the top of the section were particularly great, they would keep my dad's walker in a special place while the games went on and then helped retrieve it when the games ended. Before the games, down in the hospitality section, the people that worked there were also so kind to my dad.

Dad had a pretty good life and I am glad that he was able to see the last few years of RU becoming good again and making the NCAA tournament. When I was a manager for basketball for the 4 years in the late 70's, my mom and dad would come to every home game and sit in the section with all of the player's families. They truly loved Rutgers basketball.

Dad will be missed, but I am sure he will be watching the team and rooting them on from heaven.

Best of Luck,
Mark
So sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace. Said a prayer for your Dad and you and your family.

Reactions: Groz
I havent been on here much lately and just saw this now. My deepest condolences to you and the rest of your family Mark. May he RIP

Reactions: Groz
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT