ADVERTISEMENT

Loudest RAC since I’ve been there

At some point it's hard to compare volumes that are deafening loud, but I think this felt like the loudest that I've heard it and I've been going to games since my freshman year in 1997.

Reactions: Scangg
Geared up for this for 4 days and it felt like everyone else did the same

Oh wow that’s insane
9c174d1f-6e34-4c7f-9e7e-e5048723e5c7-gif.792521

The RAC does not generally have that much noise on early game possession. Today was the loudest since 89 or maybe those SHU games and UNLV games from the early 90s. Tough to compare because back then it looked crazier because we had 9K not the current 8k plus the students had a section in the 100s

Overall its been the year of the RAC for sure.

The RAC does not generally have that much noise on early game possession. Today was the loudest since 89 or maybe those SHU games and UNLV games from the early 90s. Tough to compare because back then it looked crazier because we had 9K not the current 8k plus the students had a section in the 100s

+1

This team is a lot like that '89 team where we made a run late in the season to finish 3rd in conference before making that epic A10 tournament.

I have never had my ears ringing after coming home from the RAC. They were still ringing at 11pm last night. I was screaming as loud as I could at moments on defense last night and I couldn't hear myself screaming. Felt like my head was inside a beehive. Can only imagine what it sounded down on the court. I knew Illinois was toast with that noise level.

Reactions: S_Janowski
I have never had my ears ringing after coming home from the RAC. They were still ringing at 11pm last night. I was screaming as loud as I could at moments on defense last night and I couldn't hear myself screaming. Felt like my head was inside a beehive. Can only imagine what it sounded down on the court. I knew Illinois was toast with that noise level.
I think it was @BKIn118 who said the players told him they can feel it in their feet.

Reactions: BKIn118
Start to finish, definitely the loudest, but the single loudest moments were Harpers block and the shot clock violation against OSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT