ADVERTISEMENT

Lunardi's 2024 MBB Tournament Bracketology

SoCal_Knight

Freshman
Jun 9, 2020
  • Big10 has 7 qualifiers: MSU and Purdue #1, Illinois #5, Wisconsin #7, MD #8, NW #9 and Indiana #10
  • RU, OSU, Michigan and Iowa on the bubble and not making tourney
  • Duke and Kansas as the other #1 seeds
  • B12 has 9 qualifiers and SEC has 8 qualifiers
I think we'll make the tournament and we're going to surprise many of the experts. I think we go 11-9 in conference play and we end up 6th or 7th place.

One thing he does get right … the selection committee will not do the big ten any favors by giving bids to any fringe bubble teams. The lack of performance by the conference in the tournament will hurt some big ten bubble team or two again this year
With 4 more teams joining, will the selection committee take 10-11-12 teams from the Big 10? or will it be ridiculously difficult to make the NCAA tournament out of the Big 10?
The NCAA should adapt to the changing conferences but who knows, it's the NCAA.

The criteria for selecting schools has been a bunch of lies and charade for a decade. The actual seeding has been worse than the actual selection of schools.

As the B1G grows in status (along with the SEC), the NCAA has ZERO incentive to properly rank or select any B1G school over a school from the Mountain West or WCC or somewhere else. Some of those basketball only schools rely heavily on NCAA March Madness revenue, so if you see some schools getting left out, save the discussion about OOC schedule or other nonsense.

One thing he does get right … the selection committee will not do the big ten any favors by giving bids to any fringe bubble teams. The lack of performance by the conference in the tournament will hurt some big ten bubble team or two again this year

Hopefully as Rutgers goes a little smaller and faster we will be built for March…so long as we can get through November through February 😁

Reactions: RUDiddy777
Just say Purdue lol. They need some mid-major guards.🤷‍♂️

Reactions: MiloTalon13
as I said in the other thread (about being picked #10 in the Big10).... I have no issue with this. I actually like that we are under the radar. I really do. hope it puts a chip on their shoulder - prove them wrong.

I am confident that we will surpass expectations (perhaps significantly so)

With 4 more teams joining, will the selection committee take 10-11-12 teams from the Big 10? or will it be ridiculously difficult to make the NCAA tournament out of the Big 10?
The NCAA should adapt to the changing conferences but who knows, it's the NCAA.

"Best tournament in the world!!"
Sure you are the 50th best team in the country for a 64 team tournament - but you are loosely affiliated with a bunch of other teams that are good so we have to leave you out on principle.

Worst designed and run tournament around.

Reactions: #1 RUFan and ru66
"Best tournament in the world!!"
Sure you are the 50th best team in the country for a 64 team tournament - but you are loosely affiliated with a bunch of other teams that are good so we have to leave you out on principle.

Worst designed and run tournament around.
You could even replace 50th with 39th-40th ☹️☹️☹️
And yet somehow the NCAA makes about a BILLION dollars off it.

Rutgers is going to have a winning record in conference be near the top of the conference
One thing is constant the selection committee is not a fan of the Big 10. Been proven time and rime again when it comes to seeding

As for Lundardi I would say there is a 95% chance is bracket is wrong

Lately the Big 10 has not won enough in the tournament for this to be a legitimate claim

When Rutgers proves it belongs with the way it will play in the 2023-24 season we'll look back on this bracket prediction and laugh about how badly RU was underestimated

One thing is constant the selection committee is not a fan of the Big 10. Been proven time and rime again when it comes to seeding

As for Lundardi I would say there is a 95% chance is bracket is wrong
I see what you did there.

Hopefully as Rutgers goes a little smaller and faster we will be built for March…so long as we can get through November through February 😁
So true. Not to mention delayed Mag at full strength adding to early regular season headwinds. Once again the 2023 Tourney showed teams with quick, play making guards (and defense) do well.

maybe we need our refs and programs to start playing a brand of basketball that gets coddled in the NCAA Tourney.

Nah... they need to grow up and start allowing big boy basketball in the tourney. Isn't that why we see these guard-oriented teams like Nova and UCONN doing so well?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT