ADVERTISEMENT

Mario Cristobal takes heat from fans, media after Miami’s loss to Rutgers

I always felt Miami hired Mario to 'croot and stock the cupboard. After 4-5 years, they bring in the x and o wizard to deliver all that stockpiled talent to the Promised Land. Sort of like what Cuse is eyeing.
They signed him to a 10 year 80M deal. If they did that, it would mean going in you’re already “wasting” 40-48M not to mention what it would cost to hire a new staff.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
They signed him to a 10 year 80M deal. If they did that, it would mean going in you’re already “wasting” 40-48M not to mention what it would cost to hire a new staff.
Jimbo Fisher says "hello".
The big monied teams don't GAF.

Jimbo Fisher says "hello".
The big monied teams don't GAF.
Miami has upped its spending but I don’t think they’re in the same stratosphere as A&M or Texas etc.. financially…not sure they would stomach spending that much in a buyout.

On the Schiano side of things - he really pulled-out some stops.
People complain about the Scarlet-shove but how many times has RU been on goal and had to settle for FGs? A lot.

So Greg runs the shove for TDs and also a first down.
Some red zone innovation at last -
Those TDs and the block made for win.
Sneaking the ball to Mongo was slick.
The fellas running to catch-up to him and form a maul was awesome.
Having played both FB and rugby I was stoked to see these things.
Two TDs on goal is a big deal for RU

sYVbSzM.gif

People complain about the Scarlet-shove but how many times has RU been on goal and had to settle for FGs? A lot.

sYVbSzM.gif
not sure why people complain on it as it protects the ball, moves the pile, and allows to control the action it works

Reactions: ashokan
not sure why people complain on it as it protects the ball, moves the pile, and allows to control the action it works

Lol - compounded power and safety - its the perfect Schiano play.
I wonder if the Aussie kickers throw in a few tips.
RU does a nice maul and thats harder than a scrum

Part of being a coach is the culture. It's one year but Schiano demonstrated one where players play for each other. Miami looks to be a culture where they play for themselves. The opt outs are largely on the coach and the players he brings in and the culture. If you kill Schiano for not bringing in 5 stars then also blame Cristobal for bringing in mercenaries.

Part of being a coach is the culture. It's one year but Schiano demonstrated one where players play for each other. Miami looks to be a culture where they play for themselves. The opt outs are largely on the coach and the players he brings in and the culture. If you kill Schiano for not bringing in 5 stars then also blame Cristobal for bringing in mercenaries.
They aren’t Cristobal recruits yet, he only came in 2022 so some of his freshmen recruits might have played in 2023. It doesn’t excuse him not changing the culture. The fans are already talking about getting rid of him. His whole team are 4 star recruits.

sYVbSzM.gif
We ran this already vs OSU. It was on film so Miami should have been prepared. And to your earlier point, special teams coordinators should lose sleep in the weeks before playing us making sure their units are prepared. Ever notice how we don’t block as many kicks vs Ohio State, Michigan (with Harbaugh), Iowa, etc as we do vs more average-coached programs?

Last edited:
I wonder why we wanted him. I mean he do ok at FIU
We didn’t dodge a bullet . We hired flood
We wanted a lineage coach that wasn’t Kyle Flood.

Someone who could just keep the train on the rails and on schedule.

Oops.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT