ADVERTISEMENT

Marquis Webb - new coach at Paterson Eastside HS

Vkj, know people think Julie Herman is the equivalent of Stalin, but she told me she was looking into that.It would really help get more of a Rutgers connection in the schools. Would also like to see RU start a four year teaching degree, in addition to the present five year degree.

Vkj, know people think Julie Herman is the equivalent of Stalin, but she told me she was looking into that.It would really help get more of a Rutgers connection in the schools. Would also like to see RU start a four year teaching degree, in addition to the present five year degree.
She’s not Stalin. Just wasn’t the best person for the job but go diversity. Doesn’t mean she didn’t have any good ideas. Think tcnj hurts the whole PE thing.

Julie had good ideas, but no idea on how to get them done in NJ.

I wish Marquis nothing but the best. He was a TEAM player and perhaps the best defensive player I have seen since I began watching RU in 1971. Maybe he can get us a player or two going forward. Paterson Eastside has usually been pretty good.

[QUOTE="knights1212, post: 3905494, member: 1256" He was a TEAM player and perhaps the best defensive player I have seen since I began watching RU in 1971.[/QUOTE]
Yes.
There was a stretch there, most of his senior season, when we were playing in a still dominant Big East conference, where every night he was assigned to defend the best scorer the other guys had. Marquis would routinely cause that guy to be below their average score for that evening.

I wish Marquis nothing but the best. He was a TEAM player and perhaps the best defensive player I have seen since I began watching RU in 1971. Maybe he can get us a player or two going forward. Paterson Eastside has usually been pretty good.

Maybe excepting Sellers, Dabney, Copeland, EJ, JB, Roy Hinson, Kelvin Troy, etc.

He was an exceptional defender, but best since 1971, hard to see that.

In any case not to derail the thread, i wish him success and expect that this is terrific news all around.
Loyal

Maybe excepting Sellers, Dabney, Copeland, EJ, JB, Roy Hinson, Kelvin Troy, etc.

He was an exceptional defender, but best since 1971, hard to see that.

In any case not to derail the thread, i wish him success and expect that this is terrific news all around.
Loyal
Juel Wiggan was probably as good an on-ball defender as Marquis too, which is not a knock. Hamady had to be in the conversation but impacted D in a very different way.

Juel Wiggan was probably as good an on-ball defender as Marquis too, which is not a knock. Hamady had to be in the conversation but impacted D in a very different way.
Webb was also exceptional off ball.

Don’t forget Daryl Smith, he has to be in the conversation.

Congrats to marquis

I still give the defensive nod to kelvin Troy as best man defender

Rashod Kent was better as well. Ate Troy Murphy’s lunch, and top 5 in steals all time as a big man.

I know he isn't popular around these parts, but Dahntay Jones used to really lock people up, as well. His freshman year team is still one of my favorites.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT