ADVERTISEMENT

Maryland is legit

Caliknight

Legend
Gold Member
Sep 21, 2001
and their arena is absolutely rocking. They can shoot, defend, and have athleticism. Trimple is a one man wrecking crew. Pretty obvious why they are ranked so highly.

Maybe some day for RU... problem is we need a new arena. The arena that Maryland moved out of to move into their new one is nicer than the RAC. Think about that for a second.

The arena that Ohio State moved out of to move into their new one is nicer than the RAC. Think about that for a second.

and their arena is absolutely rocking. They can shoot, defend, and have athleticism. Trimple is a one man wrecking crew. Pretty obvious why they are ranked so highly.

Maybe some day for RU... problem is we need a new arena. The arena that Maryland moved out of to move into their new one is nicer than the RAC. Think about that for a second.

Trimble is very good.....but, Myles Mack did a good job against him last year in that match-up. Hopefully, Sanders can put up a good showing this year. I think he will

Last edited:
They looked very good tonight. They will be the class of the B1G I think. Georgetown looked pretty good as well for a team that lost to Radford.

Gtown is good too----they'll be an NCAA team come March IMO.

Md won by 4 at home and shot 20 more FT's----hardly a dominating performance.

The win by Mich St impressed me a lot more frankly.

no surprise Cali, RU is way behind in basically every athletic facility for every sport to every school in the Big 10. Only exception is we might have a better football stadium than a couple of schools at the bottom in football but that's it.

The RAC is fine, least of our concerns. The improvements the last few years have really helped. Fill that place and it is an asset.

Reactions: linzalonic
The RAC is fine, least of our concerns. The improvements the last few years have really helped. Fill that place and it is an asset.

Exactly! Become the Cameroon Indoor Stadium of the B1G. Not really a fan of the cookie cutter arenas. Zzzzzz PSU and Nebraska same gym. OSU and Wiscy ditto. Fill the place and it's fine!!!

That Hayes kid at center for GU really impressed me. If he can play close to that level, they can be real good. Md was very impressive with how they closed out the game. They just stopped missing.

It actually isn't fine. It is two cycles behind other schools. BAC is right and is known. Outside of football, which is at an acceptable level but no more, our facilities are so far behind most every other P5 school it is embarrassing.

Reactions: RUJMM78
Trimble is a terrific talent. 5-star freshman Diamond Stone, on the other hand, looked lost out there last night. He has been an early disappointment in MD's first couple of games. He will have to play much better if MD wants to tackle the elite teams on its schedule.

Trimble is a terrific talent. 5-star freshman Diamond Stone, on the other hand, looked lost out there last night. He has been an early disappointment in MD's first couple of games. He will have to play much better if MD wants to tackle the elite teams on its schedule.

Stone nearly had a double double in his first collegiate game. Far from a disappointment. He was a liability last night, but it was his second college game ever. It takes some time. Every Maryland freshman won't come in and dominate like Joe Smith did several years ago.

no surprise Cali, RU is way behind in basically every athletic facility for every sport to every school in the Big 10. Only exception is we might have a better football stadium than a couple of schools at the bottom in football but that's it.
You're right Bac, but look at the improvements over the last 10 years for us and look forward at the plans for the future.
All it takes is money. Maryland has had a big head start being a ACC member and having UA behind them.

It actually isn't fine. It is two cycles behind other schools. BAC is right and is known. Outside of football, which is at an acceptable level but no more, our facilities are so far behind most every other P5 school it is embarrassing.

Big difference between where RU plays and where it practices and "lives."

Yes our practice facilities are way behind.

How do you expect to fill the RAC with a basketball program that has a difficult time defeating teams like Monmouth,St.Peters,and FDU?Jordan has nothing to sell to recruits as compared to the competition .An out dated RAC without a practice facility ,
The RAC is outdated and there is no practice facility. Top recruits have many options and decades of futility at Rutgers clearly has shown that Jordan is just the latest head coach that has a near impossible job in trying to attract players that can actually win games in the B1G.

The notion that the RAC will be filled with mediocre talent has been disproven for over two decades.The only reason fans have shown up in large numbers was to see a ranked opponent perform.

I'm with Greenie------the RAC isn't the problem. The lack of a Practice Facility is a bigger issue. It speaks to a lack of commitment by the Administration to put a first class product on the floor. People use it against you in recruiting.

Trust me I've seen ND lose countless numbers of kids to places that just kill us facility wise.

We're one of the 3 Finalists for 2 of the country's better bigs-----we won't get them.

Reactions: ScarletLongIsland
Stone nearly had a double double in his first collegiate game. Far from a disappointment. He was a liability last night, but it was his second college game ever. It takes some time. Every Maryland freshman won't come in and dominate like Joe Smith did several years ago.

I'm not saying Stone will not eventually be good, but for a 5-star he has not come in and dominated right away the way others have. To say he "almost got a double double" against Mount St. Mary's is not saying too much. We've had sub-par big men (like Alvydis Tenys) who came in and dominated week competition as freshman only to fizzle against better comp. I didn't think Stone played that well against MSM either. I expected that a supposed 1-and-done big man would dominate the likes of Mt. St. Mary's. I'm sure he'll improve with time. Turgeon is certainly sending him a message by limiting his playing time in the first 2 games.

Last edited:
All if it is way behind. Most teams don't even practice in the same place they play in.

Exactly. We are talking 2 different pieces. Right now we play at Louis Brown AThletic Center. Hopefully more than 1 time per year does it transform to the RAC. The RAC is a place recruits would want to play, not live at. Against Howard or even Indiana on a weekday it will be the LBAC.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT