ADVERTISEMENT

Wrestling MATCH THREAD: Rutgers vs. Northwestern

A huge MD by Sammy so now a JoJo win puts this out of reach. LFG JoJo!!

our announcer does not know team scoring...his partner is saving him with crazy way to win. i guess RU could also be disqualified for starting a brawl?

Great finish by Angelo to get the MD at the buzzer with a 6 point move. Would have had the pin if he had 5 more seconds.

RU up 26-9 as we head into the last match. Complete domination by RU!

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
Wow! That's two straight dominating matches. Hopefully we are peaking at the right time.

our announcer does not know team scoring...his partner is saving him with crazy way to win. i guess RU could also be disqualified for starting a brawl?
this happens every single match...Lou Brogno is an awful wrestling broadcaster..who is in charge of letting him call every match in the best wrestling conference in USA..He has no clue about the sport, rules and scoring..,It's just embarrassing to RU he keeps getting to call the matches...Bring back Sean Dedeyne the former Rutgers HWT....He was outstanding calling RU matches and very knowledgeable...Brognos partner is very good...I watch the matches from Costa Rica and it is disturbing listening to Lou.

Great match came out and wrestled tough. They were able to carry over that tough wrestling from the Rider match. Was very pleased in many of the performances even against some backups they dominated.

One gripe, it's the same damn match every single time with Aragona, I thought this kid could shoot but he doesn't. Bottom well we all know the story there and top he's good but not good enough to turn anyone. Just not seeing how he even qualifies for NCAA's or what all the hoopla was about with him.

Reactions: BanjoSaysWoof
Weight room won't help him shoot and get out from bottom. He hasn't been right since the injury.
Great match came out and wrestled tough. They were able to carry over that tough wrestling from the Rider match. Was very pleased in many of the performances even against some backups they dominated.

One gripe, it's the same damn match every single time with Aragona, I thought this kid could shoot but he doesn't. Bottom well we all know the story there and top he's good but not good enough to turn anyone. Just not seeing how he even qualifies for NCAA's or what all the hoopla was about with him.
JoJo will be fine. It’s a game of minute incremental technical improvements and the confidence that will grow from that if he puts in the time. Be patient.

JoJo will be fine. It’s a game of minute incremental technical improvements and the confidence that will grow from that if he puts in the time. Be patient.
JoJo is a freshman right ... lots of growth and experience ... reminds me of Mulcahy not shooting the ball ... both will come.

JoJo is a freshman right ... lots of growth and experience ... reminds me of Mulcahy not shooting the ball ... both will come.
Mulcahy wasn’t close to the type of recruit for basketball that Jojo was for wrestling. I think people just expect to see more out of the top recruit in the country at his weight coming out of HS.

If the coaches and Aragona decide on an RS next year, who would be the 141 over? Does Firestone wrestle, or does he move on? Who else will be at 141? Even, in event of an injury to Aragona, who is the 141 backup? Britton's? Gapas?

And kudos to Esposito. I think he's made a lot of progress since last year. I wonder what his ceiling could be. Seems fearless out on the mat. He's physical, good frame. If he puts on more muscle, develops a go to move, could he be an NQ in senior year?

Reactions: scottsdaleal
If the coaches and Aragona decide on an RS next year, who would be the 141 over? Does Firestone wrestle, or does he move on? Who else will be at 141? Even, in event of an injury to Aragona, who is the 141 backup? Britton's? Gapas?
Between 133 and 141 you have Alvarez, Britton, Eckloff, Metzler, JoJo, Gapas, and possibly Suriano but I don’t want to bring that debate up again. There are plenty of bodies there to start and to fill those two weight classes regardless of the decisions the coaches make.

Reactions: LETSGORU91
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT