ADVERTISEMENT

men v Ohio State sellout

gigantor1024

All American
Apr 6, 2006
i just don't understand how we sell out a game v Ohio State while we're on a 7 game losing streak. and 24 yrs of losing conference records

Women have won 6 in a row and are in 3rd place in the conference
We've averaged around 2500 for women's last 3 home games.

why is the athletic department not doing more to get the fans to go to our successful team's games?
why aren't they filling the student section, and why aren't they making students more aware of free tickets

I just don't get it.

i get depressed every home game for the women, because it's empty and dead night in night out

This post was edited on 2/8 3:40 PM by gigantor1024

I also don't understand why the men's uni's have their names on the back and the women's uni's do not..such a little thing but still a double standard IMO and shows little respect for the women's team in general

Originally posted by nj4shore:
I also don't understand why the men's uni's have their names on the back and the women's uni's do not..such a little thing but still a double standard IMO and shows little respect for the women's team in general
I would imagine Stringer has something to do with this so before we bash it, we need to understand why. Do you think the Yankees have little respect? haha

As for the OP's point, men's basketball is and always will be more popular than women's for a myriad of reasons. no reason to compare the two nor to denigrate the men's sellout.

Empty? Maybe. Dead? Definitely not. Those there actively cheer, hiss and boo refs, stomp bleacher floors and generally make noise. It's fun to be there. It cheers me up. I'm going to spend five nights in Illinois for the Big Ten Tournament to support my team.

Someday folks will realize what they're missing.

I'd go just to see Betnijah. Is there a guy on the men's team that you'd go to watch if he were playing with a local high school team? The gang in my section of 103 count her points and rebounds until she gets her double double. We just love her. You want a LOUD boo? Just let someone foul Betnijah. You don't want to hurt Our Star.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT