ADVERTISEMENT

Miami beats #6 Virginia 66-64

Virginia is a great team so this is huge for Miami who I think is going to end up being a top team. VA could have quit but didn’t and almost pulled it out.

Teams look like they are quitting against us because our Defense is so good. If we are up double digits less than 5 minutes left we are very tough to beat.

Not really by that much. Virginia was #16, Miami #61. Miami might move up to, I dunno, 52 or 53. And there's not really a big difference between us losing to the #53 team or the #61 team.

Great win for them. They didn't look great though. UVA missed a lot quality shots. My biggest takeaway from the game was that it would be really nice to have Isiah Wong on our team.

Reactions: Yeah Baby
Great win for them. They didn't look great though. UVA missed a lot quality shots. My biggest takeaway from the game was that it would be really nice to have Isiah Wong on our team.
Great player and seems like a great kid in his post game interviews. I like him.

He wouldn't be a good fit on a Pike-coached team. Trust me.

https://accsports.com/teams/miami/i...al-displeased-with-current-nil-deal-at-miami/
(FWIW, he backtracked on this shortly thereafter...)
You might be right, but nothing in that article suggested that. It looks like he noticed that incoming recruits were getting more NIL than he was (as an all-conference player) and asked for an adjustment. I think in a few years we will look back on that as more standard operating procedure in the NIL world and not a sign of a selfish player.

Having said that, it looks like the deal was going to be in the $400k per year range...Are we able to play in that neighborhood?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT