ADVERTISEMENT

Michael Cox Commits to RU Football

How does an all-state RB from Georgia end up as a PWO here. Gotta be some story. Anyway, congrats to the young man and hope he keeps it going here!

Reactions: RutgersRaRa
I think that’s because he’s sitting more towards the back but you’re right he looks like he’s 5 ft tall in that picture.

It might be his height. In some of those photos I like he seems sub 5'7.

Boom!! And welcome! Sub 5' 7"? Watch the videos..if that's his height, he must play his games against the league of the midgets. He looks as big or bigger than most on the field. Twitter account lists him as 6' 0". 247 lists him as 6' 0". Between 212 and 220 lbs. Power, downhill runner with some speed! I like his tape.

Reminds me of the rb from Canada (Jerome Messam?) that never made it to RU because of grades. Wonder if it was the same issue and then just got qualified. Greg always keeps a scholarship or two handy in case some real talent pops up before start of new season. The comp in huddle vids looks a bit weak. Wonder if he plays for school in low level size schools.

Hopefully admins will dig up some more info.

GO RU

I think that’s because he’s sitting more towards the back but you’re right he looks like he’s 5 ft tall in that picture.

In one of the posted pictures he looks like a 4 -5 year old little white boy....tiny and tentative.~:Sly:

But in the HUDL he showed what he's made of....glad he chose RU.

MO

Reactions: Zimm80
I think the lack of offers is because he projects best as a fullback and most teams don't use those anymore.

Cox wrestled at 220 last year. He's not small , but probably not more than 6ft tall.

PS- Sean Gleeson does not utilize a fullback in his offense, not even on the goal line, so they will find another position for him. RB?, H back , LB ?

PS- Sean Gleeson does not utilize a fullback in his offense, not even on the goal line, so they will find another position for him. RB?, H back , LB ?

Gotta have some team first guys that play specials, are good in the locker room, work their butt off in practice, and do the right thing in the classroom and off the field. Based on who was recruiting Cox, I think we’re getting a great kid to fit into our culture rebuild.

Reminds me of the rb from Canada (Jerome Messam?) that never made it to RU because of grades. Wonder if it was the same issue and then just got qualified. Greg always keeps a scholarship or two handy in case some real talent pops up before start of new season. The comp in huddle vids looks a bit weak. Wonder if he plays for school in low level size schools.

Hopefully admins will dig up some more info.

GO RU
Offers from Brown, Dartmouth and Penn....

Boom!! And welcome! Sub 5' 7"? Watch the videos..if that's his height, he must play his games against the league of the midgets. He looks as big or bigger than most on the field. Twitter account lists him as 6' 0". 247 lists him as 6' 0". Between 212 and 220 lbs. Power, downhill runner with some speed! I like his tape.

I was thinking the same, he looks taller than most of the other players

Reactions: LETSGORU91
Interesting film. He is not a burner, but I like the way he runs. He is going to have big adjustments at the college level though to make his style fit.

The competition he is playing does not look great.

He also plays in an old school offense that does not really showcase his potential talent.

He is a strong kid and he runs hard. Welcome to the banks.

Clearly, grades were not a problem with the three offers from academic schools.
My guess is that he was playing in a conference that is just not that competitive and was overlooked. Sure doesn't mean he can't play well at a higher level. Remains to be seen.
As for "All State", at what level and which team? Would he be like a kid from Jersey in Group 1, second team?

Reactions: Loyal-Son
Based on the video seems taller than 5’7” and may be closer to 6’0”. In any event looks like a playa and nice add!

Cox wrestled at 220 last year. He's not small , but probably not more than 6ft tall.

Hey abro How was he at wrestling, any info for goody?

Hey abro How was he at wrestling, any info for goody?

I don't see anything to indicate he's a D1 caliber wrestler, not ranked anywhere, didn't participate in any national tournaments. It appears he finished 4th at the Georgia state championships at 220 for the smallest school classification (Georgia has 7 different divisions depending on school size. that's a lot of watering down ! lol). Georgia is NOT a strong state for high school wrestling. He's definitely NOT a Kyonte Hamilton type caliber wrestler or football player for that matter. Good tape though for football.

Last edited:
Reactions: RU Diesel07110
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT