ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Michigan DL transfer to Rutgers

iu

Give Ash an extension!!!

...too soon for that joke!?!

Welcome.
Any and all talent is a benefit.

Side note -
Aren’t we supposed to call the kid a “douche” for abandoning his teammates?
If he wanted to play close to home shouldn’t he have come here from the beginning?

No one should be jumping for joy until it's clear what he brings in training camp. He has no tape in 3 years so whether he can even make the two-deep is a mystery.

He is a nice get.
Michigan is at a level that we can only dream of.
A DL on their Scout Team certainly step in and make our 2 Deep.

Ha! Sorry. I did it for Ivan. He has a man crush on Coach Khaki.

No, dummy.

Just stating that someone who has a .730 winning percentage doesn't "suck". What Rutgers fan wouldn't take an Ash (.194) for Harbaugh trade?

Last edited:
No, dummy.

Just stating that someone who has a .730 winning percentage doesn't "suck". What Rutgers fan wouldn't take an Ash for Harbaugh trade?

Aww, poor baby got his feelings hurt. You really are taking this personally.

You also don't seem to be able to distinguish recruiting from coaching. I won't be responding to you any more. You're not smart enough to keep up.

Aww, poor baby got his feelings hurt. You really are taking this personally.

You also don't seem to be able to distinguish recruiting from coaching. I won't be responding to you any more. You're not smart enough to keep up.

His recruiting rankings combined with the team he inherited add up to about a .730 winning percentage.

You won't be responding anymore because you know when you have lost.

AmusedBlondCottontail-small.gif

Harbaugh has not won a national championship.
Harbaugh has not won a Big Ten Championship.
Harbaugh has not won a division title.
His record against rivals Ohio State and Michigan State is 1-5.

Jim Harbaugh is 38-14 over 4 years. That's 9.5 wins/year.
He is being paid $7.5 million/year, or $789,473 per win.

Chris Ash is 7-29 over 3 years. That's 2.3 wins/year.
Chris Ash is making $2 million/year, or $869,000 per win.

Harbaugh is over rated and overpaid.

His record vs division rivals OSU, MSU & PSU is 5-7. Not great, but not terrible. James Franklin is 3-9 over the same four years.

He is a nice get.
Michigan is at a level that we can only dream of.
A DL on their Scout Team certainly step in and make our 2 Deep.

Yet the history of transfers from Michigan to Rutgers says otherwise. 1 in 4 and the 1 actually played a fair amount in Ann Arbor.

Congrats.

Maybe a change in address will bring out his 4 star potential.
EATING that great NJ Produce(Garden State) will light up those Stars.
Would be nice to get these guys out of high school and not have to wait until they don't make the 2 deep at Michigan for once
If used properly by our Recruiters, it has the Potential to be a very effective,because it's true,sales pitch.

EATING that great NJ Produce(Garden State) will light up those Stars.

If used properly by our Recruiters, it has the Potential to be a very effective,because it's true,sales pitch.

I actually don’t know if it that pitch would go over too well:

“Don’t go to Michigan - you’re not good enough to play there. Save your time and come play at Rutgers.”

At 18 years old, every high level player thinks they can and will compete and excel.

Could lead to a player saying “Rutgers doesn’t believe in me. I’ll prove them wrong.”
And then they don’t consider us when they look to transfer.

Reactions: Knightmoves
No, that is not true. Losing to Ohio State sucks, but a team that loses to OSU and still wins the Big Ten and a New Year's bowl game would be a success.
I asked that very question to a number of UM fans that I know. Their response, although a small sample of about a dozen was uniformly beat OSU before anything else. They all judge JM harshly for his failure to defeat their hated rival. So at least in my circle of UM folks, that statement is true. Objectively I might agree with you but these remember these folks almost went to war over a border. The hatred of one another is strong in them.

Reactions: Knight Shift
I asked that very question to a number of UM fans that I know. Their response, although a small sample of about a dozen was uniformly beat OSU before anything else. They all judge JM harshly for his failure to defeat their hated rival. So at least in my circle of UM folks, that statement is true. Objectively I might agree with you but these remember these folks almost went to war over a border. The hatred of one another is strong in them.
Think that 2019 may be UM's year to slay the tOSU dragon with Urban gone, stud QBs gone (yeah, they have new ones), and UM finally having a decent QB--why did that take so long, isn't JM a QB guy? Just hope they don't go on a multi-year run. But in 2019, they might be able to celebrate.

Reactions: cicero grimes
I actually don’t know if it that pitch would go over too well:

“Don’t go to Michigan - you’re not good enough to play there. Save your time and come play at Rutgers.”

At 18 years old, every high level player thinks they can and will compete and excel.

Could lead to a player saying “Rutgers doesn’t believe in me. I’ll prove them wrong.”
And then they don’t consider us when they look to transfer.
OR,"Look at all these NJ. guys who realized that they made an error in judgement when they left home,AND now that they are a little older came back home to play for their STATE TEAM." And then introduce them to the actual players.

Think that 2019 may be UM's year to slay the tOSU dragon with Urban gone, stud QBs gone (yeah, they have new ones), and UM finally having a decent QB--why did that take so long, isn't JM a QB guy? Just hope they don't go on a multi-year run. But in 2019, they might be able to celebrate.
If he does not beat them this year, he may ever beat them.

Does anyone know if the kid had any serious injuries? That could even set back a 4 star in a roster full of 4 star players.

Michigan may eclipse our total home attendance in 2 games this year, they make big buck$$ in ann arbor

No one should be jumping for joy until it's clear what he brings in training camp. He has no tape in 3 years so whether he can even make the two-deep is a mystery.

By signing, he automatically made the two-deep on that depleted unit.

Is it possible that the most talented guys dont come here as freshmeni or as transfers? I am happy with whomever we get...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT