ADVERTISEMENT

FB Recruiting Michigan DL transfer to Rutgers

Ron Johnson was a character in what movie.? Animal House Bull Durham. Fast times at Ridgemount high Gone with the Wind. Godzilla

Welcome Home and to R Family Ron. It’s never to late to go home and with a degree in hand already, that’s a nice job big fella.

The story says he will have two years of eligibility, although he was on the Michigan team for three years. Is the story right? I remember the NCAA changed the grad transfer rules, but did it authorize two years of eligibility?

How the heck can anyone spin this to be bad news? Another DL on the roster - at the very least another body on the practice squad and hopefully a fresh set of legs on the two-deep.

Agree, Todd Hunt's article also said he would be playing DT which i think is a better fit for him and more of a need for us. He looks like he can handle more weight.

Reactions: 8th Man and RUSK97
It's not clear at all. He's underachieved relative to the talent he has had while at Michigan.

He inherited a 5-7 team. Not very talented. He has two top ten recruiting classes and two classes in the 15-20 range.

You could make the argument that he should have won a handful more games over four years. But he has done better than Franklin.

He inherited a 5-7 team. Not very talented. He has two top ten recruiting classes and two classes in the 15-20 range.

You could make the argument that he should have won a handful more games over four years. But he has done better than Franklin.

He had talent when he got there, they always recruit well. You think Harbaugh is a good coach, good for you. i think he sucks.

i'll be rooting for Ron Johnson to tear it up the next two years at RU.

Reactions: Nj2AnnArbor
How does this affect the scholarship situation?

Best of luck to him regardless of the answer.

He had talent when he got there, they always recruit well. You think Harbaugh is a good coach, good for you. i think he sucks.

i'll be rooting for Ron Johnson to tear it up the next two years at RU.

You think he sucks: good for you. I think you suck at evaluating coaches.

And yes, good luck to Ron Johnson Jr.

The story says he will have two years of eligibility, although he was on the Michigan team for three years. Is the story right? I remember the NCAA changed the grad transfer rules, but did it authorize two years of eligibility?

You have five years to play four. He was there for three years and redshirted one year. That leaves two years of eligibility left. Ross-Douglas also had two years left when he came here.

How the heck can anyone spin this to be bad news? Another DL on the roster - at the very least another body on the practice squad and hopefully a fresh set of legs on the two-deep.

That's exactly how I see it...depth is a major challenge for RU at almost every position but especially DL.

area that needs depth and talent.using the #chopnation tag makes this kid a keeper.
we need to bring the Chop and Chop Nation back full time!
The Hunt was/is stupid and is used by several other schools.

You have five years to play four. He was there for three years and redshirted one year. That leaves two years of eligibility left. Ross-Douglas also had two years left when he came here.

Many thanks. Somehow I thought grad transfers could play only one year no matter what. I'm glad I'm wrong; five to play four makes much more sense. Let's hope the kid helps us!

IIRC he committed to UNC. probably because he won't have to go to class.

Ahhh, thanks. Last week (or maybe the week before), that was all the buzz here. Would it be Watts or Johnson - because we could only take one.

Any chance Johnson can also play QB? ;)

Ron Johnson is talented but Michigan is deep as f*** in D-Line talent. I’m happy he is here because he will play here and he should’ve been here the first go around. I told ya’ll he was coming.

Good depth on the DL for us.

Welcome to the Banks, Ron!

Hopefully Johnson will be an asset and since a grad transfer will be immediately eligible .
If he works out like hoped for, his transfer will be a great 2 year pick-up.

Welcome to The Banks.! I have to ask, why do opinions about Harbaugh have to be injected into this post?

Ahhh, thanks. Last week (or maybe the week before), that was all the buzz here. Would it be Watts or Johnson - because we could only take one.

Any chance Johnson can also play QB? ;)
You do know that a grad transfer QB from Texas Tech is already on campus right?

No one should be jumping for joy until it's clear what he brings in training camp. He has no tape in 3 years so whether he can even make the two-deep is a mystery.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT