ADVERTISEMENT

Minnesota NIL Paying $30k to a QB if he plays in their bowl game??

take-my-money.gif
This NIL is getting ridiculous by the day

LOL...bribe money to produce results for your favorite team/players. Gotta wonder how much this stupid NIL system is comprised of NIL agents/advocates who donate to the fund in order to help secure future paydays in the NFL. This will get sillier and sillier. I can almost guarantee this.

Reactions: socaldave
Believe it’s been said that many NIL deals include bowl games clauses/incentives.

Read the article. It says the only QB left on their roster is getting married soon and was considering giving up football before the bowl. It's the portal wild west that contributed to him being the only QB left... plus the way Fleck handled the QB room. I don't blame the player for using that leverage to help pay for his wedding once he is in this situation. I guess you have to wonder how the other Gophers feel about it.

This isn't just regular NIL, this is a team who got a warm weather bowl game & needs to pay a QB to play or the whole team loses out.

It's bribe money.

Read the article. It says the only QB left on their roster is getting married soon and was considering giving up football before the bowl. It's the portal wild west that contributed to him being the only QB left... plus the way Fleck handled the QB room. I don't blame the player for using that leverage to help pay for his wedding once he is in this situation. I guess you have to wonder how the other Gophers feel about it.
Kid should play the game and take the money. Pay for his wedding and move on after the game. He’s starting the next chapter of his life in a much better financial position compared to most college students.

Reactions: Rokodesh and Zimm80
NIL
Sucks when it’s for the other team, great when it benefits you

Bball class # 2 - NIL
Football guys coming back - NIL

Greg making 6.25 mil / year - Awesome
Minny qb getting 30k - Bad

I couldn’t care less who makes what.

Has zero impact on my life & isnt helping me pay the mortgage

Just entertain me 13 Saturdays per year, win & represent the university with class

This isn't just regular NIL, this is a team who got a warm weather bowl game & needs to pay a QB to play or the whole team loses out.

It's bribe money.
Their bowl is in Detroit, which I guess is warmer than Minneapolis.

It's bribe money.
This is more of a shakedown, but NIL in and of itself is essentially a bribe

E.G. I’m going to go pro or play overseas if you don’t pay me a certain amount of money.

Different form, same context

NIL
Sucks when it’s for the other team, great when it benefits you

Bball class # 2 - NIL
Football guys coming back - NIL

Greg making 6.25 mil / year - Awesome
Minny qb getting 30k - Bad

I couldn’t care less who makes what.

Has zero impact on my life & isnt helping me pay the mortgage

Just entertain me 13 Saturdays per year, win & represent the university with class
What this guy said. I don’t care about the money, I don’t receive any of it. In fact I probably have to pay more in parking, concessions and ticket prices to keep up with it. Just win and let me be entertained with 7 fun days at the stadium is all I want.

Ya reap what ya sow - Fleck mismanaged the QB room and his starting QB, so this is the result.

Reactions: denogla1
What this guy said. I don’t care about the money, I don’t receive any of it. In fact I probably have to pay more in parking, concessions and ticket prices to keep up with it. Just win and let me be entertained with 7 fun days at the stadium is all I want.
Honest question:
Would anyone here care if we made the final 4 or went to the Rose Bowl with a bunch of guys who got NIL deals?

Would people stop watching, or be so turned off, b/c these kids were making money?

Clearly, it doesn't bother people that much b/c it's been confirmed Ace and Dylan both got NIL deals. And the guys coming back for football all got NIL deals.

People are still posting on the board.
Still watching on tv.
Still going to games.

Even after all the "I'm done" empty threats, fans are still tuned in. And that's with us not winning anything.
Imagine if we actually start winning, in large part due to NIL...

Reactions: 365Poster24Seven
everyone wanted to be part of the BIG. No one wants to be UCONN being insignificant in football. Everyone celebrates recruiting victories as much as the victories on the court or on the field but NIL is where they draw the line. We are living in the NIL age and so many threads discuss it. You can’t talk about a potential transfer without acknowledging how NIL will factor in especially if it’s a quality plug and play player. Why can’t these spend all day on this site get involved? We all know if we don’t we will continue with these 6-6 type seasons. The team with the best players win and this fanbase refuses to join the party. It’s why I say it’s an old cheap fanbase who love to discuss and give opinions but really can give a Shit if it requires money.

Honest question:
Would anyone here care if we made the final 4 or went to the Rose Bowl with a bunch of guys who got NIL deals?

Would people stop watching, or be so turned off, b/c these kids were making money?

Clearly, it doesn't bother people that much b/c it's been confirmed Ace and Dylan both got NIL deals. And the guys coming back for football all got NIL deals.

People are still posting on the board.
Still watching on tv.
Still going to games.

Even after all the "I'm done" empty threats, fans are still tuned in. And that's with us not winning anything.
Imagine if we actually start winning, in large part due to NIL...

Its a gradual process but some of us eventually will wean ourselves off. This is just the beginning

Its a gradual process but some of us eventually will wean ourselves off. This is just the beginning
lol 208 thousand posts you ain’t going anywhere bro. This is your life for you there is not anything else. Do you ever think before you post?LMFAO. As long as you get to waste hours of your life with your silly recap you can careless if we win or lose. You think you are the basketball program lol. The players don’t matter as long as I get to give 8 paragraphs on the game and spout my hate on the CE board you are golden. You’re not even a season ticket holder in basketball and you gave that away discussing parking. You silly silly man.

That's fair
But what if we start winning big
Like real big in bball
Would you start losing interest?

Depends how it goes...but im not interested in going to see professional sports. My theory is there will be a frustration and erosion in the recruiting process that turns me off. Whether that be pricing me out of season tix or seeing the program catering to corps and premium seating

I'm getting closer as each piece of NIL news coms out. I'll have to balance that with my wife's love of tailgating and in person attendance.

Depends how it goes...but im not interested in going to see professional sports. My theory is there will be a frustration and erosion in the recruiting process that turns me off. Whether that be pricing me out of season tix or seeing the program catering to corps and premium seating

Yep. If I want to watch professional sports there's a much better level of play available elsewhere.

I hear that man but this has been going on forever

Most if not all of the top programs have been paying guys for years
A lot of that is how they go to where they are on top

If we were paying guys for years under the table and had Duke's bball success and Bama's fb success, would it bother you?

Not everone was paid and there were some basic rules not bidding wars for average players
Not everyone is paid now either
Difference makers were paid and those around them in some cases

J. Williams - well documented situation
Wants to come here, parents insist he visits duke, cry's on way down there

Commits do duke
Parents got perks, and he wasn't driving around a used Honda on campus

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT