ADVERTISEMENT

I think college sports will collapse in on itself

ImBadRU

All American
Apr 3, 2002
due to NIL. Why? The players don't care about being alums, they don't bleed for the school, they are about their own brand, and "look at me" focus. No sane fan will continue to spend their hard earned money paying off "me first", spoiled kids, who make more money than teachers, nurses, social workers, and in a number of cases lawyers, doctors, and small business owners. Its topsy turvy and these schools got way too greedy for that TV $. It won't continue for more than a decade...then collapse. Really, really sad.

When will the mods ban this troll? He is owning Richie’s butt on this forum. You’re all a joke letting this PSU take over the board like this with all these stupid threads. “ImBadRU” most obvious troll ever. Get rid of him already !!!

due to NIL. Why? The players don't care about being alums, they don't bleed for the school, they are about their own brand, and "look at me" focus. No sane fan will continue to spend their hard earned money paying off "me first", spoiled kids, who make more money than teachers, nurses, social workers, and in a number of cases lawyers, doctors, and small business owners. Its topsy turvy and these schools got way too greedy for that TV $. It won't continue for more than a decade...then collapse. Really, really sad.
Speaking of look at me…get a mirror bro!

I love the "let me post about the worst possible ever scenario" posts. Tomorrow we will find out that Steve Pikiell's offense is responsible for an outbreak of Ebola.

Basketball won't collapse on itself. It will be crazy offseasons for a while, but as long as the madness is still mad, people will tune in.

Reactions: cm_13 and Goku
What

• Haha
Reactions: fluoxetine
Correct, that is why all the pro leagues have failed so miserably.

OP could keep a small army of psychologists busy for years. I’m throwing up in my mouth, but reread his post and take out the collapse stuff…there is some truth there.

• Haha
Reactions: fluoxetine
Please go back to PSU boards and just stay there

Collapse? Not really…too much money out there, but many fans will quit following their schools. When some 5* recruit can make more that the university president, or researchers making real and worthwhile contributions (not catching, in the end, pointless touchdowns) you can easily see it going down hill…RU attendance at football games already sucks…imagine it if we become portal fodder?

Some of it may be histrionics, but the idea of many long time fans saying “**** it” is not that crazy.

SUPPORT ACADEMICS INSTEAD!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT