ADVERTISEMENT

Mo Toure

He started at LB and had a sack and interception and played very very well. Some said he was just a rush DE but Mo proved he has all the skills that a LB needs.

It would be nice to have Powell back, especially for depth purposes but Mo proved he is a very good LB!
He was not consistent yesterday. He made some outstanding plays but had some huge whiffs too. The TD in the first quarter he did not collision the vertical, he missed a big tackle for a loss on the jet sweep, he lost contain on a huge OSU run when it mattered.

He has the potential but has to be better. I know I sound critical but with Powell done he and Jennings have to be better.

Reactions: Kbee3 and rurichdog
He was not consistent yesterday. He made some outstanding plays but had some huge whiffs too. The TD in the first quarter he did not collision the vertical, he missed a big tackle for a loss on the jet sweep, he lost contain on a huge OSU run when it mattered.

He has the potential but has to be better. I know I sound critical but with Powell done he and Jennings have to be better.
It was against OSU. Don’t think Iowa have skill players like OSU.

Reactions: gef21

no you don't sound critical, you sound like an Ahole.

Go back and watch the Wisconsin or Michigan games and count the times Powell failed to fill a gap or miss a tackle.

Go back and watch the Wisconsin or Michigan games and count the times Powell failed to fill a gap or miss a tackle.
Powell was by far our best true LB. So am I wrong by saying MT made mistakes? If he can consistently play at an elite level that would be awesome, but right now he is not consistently consistent.

Reactions: Kbee3

Gef is a football coach and he is answering from the technical side of a football coach. He always gives in-depth analysis and his posts are valued on this board.
Mo did make some great plays but like everyone else on the team there is room for improvement is we want to beat the top ranked teams.

Just went and rewatched the 7 minute highlight of the Wisconsin game. First two big plays by Wisconsin on the film were both missed gaps by MT. Next two big plays by RU D involve MT and then Powell. Next two big Wisconsin plays were missed gaps by Jennings and MT.

Again small sample size, but MT needs to be more consistent. He takes blocks on two square which gets him out of gap alignment. Which is WHY he is a rush end and drops into coverage. Inside the triangle he struggles, which is what he is being asked to do.

Reactions: Kbee3
He started at LB and had a sack and interception and played very very well. Some said he was just a rush DE but Mo proved he has all the skills that a LB needs.

It would be nice to have Powell back, especially for depth purposes but Mo proved he is a very good LB!
By "some" do you mean "me" and by "just a rush DE" do you mean what I actually said - "more a rush DE"?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT