ADVERTISEMENT

More State Money for Capital Improvements

Star Ledger
Why Rutgers wants $98M from N.J.
Not much detail, we can certainly use it.

I thought the list at the end was pretty detailed, but reasonable minds can differ. I note that two R-C buildings are on the list. . One is the Writers House; extra money must be needed to complete the rehab. The other is the Artis Building, a fairly small building that used to house our registrar. I don't know what the plan is for that building, but certainly it shouldn't be sitting vacant.

This is all money for renovation - but honestly - thats for the best. Its much easier, I would think, to fundraise for building a fancy new building than to renovate an old one.

What is the Research Tower building on Busch?

Some more detail...
Gannett NJ
Rutgers board approves renovation, expansion projects
Star Ledger
$98M could fix 'the bane of Rutgers' existence,' official says
The only potential down side is we are asking for $98.5 million of $180 million pot and I assume others are looking for theirs. Has it already been worked out in Trenton what the split is or is it sharp elbows time?
Maybe I'm missing something but I am not clear if this is new money or another tranche of the 2013 bond money?
Also are we competing with private and religious schools as we were last time around or is the 180m just for the publics?

Some more detail...
Gannett NJ
Rutgers board approves renovation, expansion projects
Star Ledger
$98M could fix 'the bane of Rutgers' existence,' official says
The only potential down side is we are asking for $98.5 million of $180 million pot and I assume others are looking for theirs. Has it already been worked out in Trenton what the split is or is it sharp elbows time?
Maybe I'm missing something but I am not clear if this is new money or another tranche of the 2013 bond money?
Also are we competing with private and religious schools as we were last time around or is the 180m just for the publics?
I feel like in gneral the state splits this stuff roughly 55% RU/45% everyone else. Thats about what happened with the big bond issuance for example.

I feel like in gneral the state splits this stuff roughly 55% RU/45% everyone else. Thats about what happened with the big bond issuance for example.

I think that's right. It sounds this is left over from the bond issue. Note that almost $100 million doesn't seem to go very far these days.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT