ADVERTISEMENT

My Myles Johnson prediction - unrealistic?

I think it’s attainable. I would also add 3.5 assists. He has great hands and can pass. I think he’ll have a great season.
I don’t think any of the players are going to care about individual stats. I think if they buy into the Pike philosophy and play together as a unit, they’ll be rooting for each other. When they do that, they’ll dance for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: HeavenUniv.
He has to do better finishing near the basket and just go up strong. Also needs to hit FT's at 60% minimum. He is still young basketball experience wise for a big...redshirt Soph.

He has to stay on the floor to put up numbers offensively which means his post defense needs to improve dramatically. I also don’t see him averaging close to 10 points a game unless he changes his mindset because he is too unselfish.

Reactions: dollarbill
I don't know what the numbers will be but I think if he played 18 to 22 minutes a game again, he can be better as long as he finds or absorbs the primary amount of low post touches.

I would not look at his PPG as the way to measure his impact....can he handle additional touches and handle a team that decides to try and double him to force a bad pass or turnover. I think if Myles is single covered early in the season, he will score in double figures.

Then, the wave of adjustments happens....teams figure out that he can score if he's left 1 on 1....fouling him because he's not a good foul shooter, isn't a good solution, because even if he doesn't shoot well from the line, he can control the tempo by just getting to the line.....and he gets RU to the FT earlier in each half.

A) Can Myles score if left single covered??

B) Can he avoid turnovers??

C) Can he use his best skill....his passing and ability to make plays with the ball.

D) Can he be more efficient offensively and defensively in the same 22 or so minutes??

Bigs don't always avoid foul trouble and it's easier to be as good in minutes 12 to 20 vs minutes 20 to 28....it's still a tougher game for true bigs to stay up tempo and become better FT shooters and stay efficient.

The question is whether Doucoure can be Shaq Doorson 2.0....can he give us 5 to 6PPG and become a stronger defensive body inside on the glass????....I think Myles will be better in the same 18 to 22 minutes....it's the other 12 to 14 minutes where Doucoure has to play, that I'm concerned about.

I feel good about Myles Johnson and think Shaq Carter is ready to have a real impact in his 18 to 22 minutes a night. We need Doucoure to be solid.

Reactions: higgins3
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT