ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA Finals - Record Low Ratings & Viewership

Guess I am an outlier. I thought it was an exciting fun tournament to watch. so many competitive games and some interesting players and storylines. And people I know who are not that into basketball actually expressed that they really enjoyed the tournament. I guess ratings are always going to be higher when you have Blue Bloods in the final four. I love an underdog.

Reactions: RUChoppin
Guess I am an outlier. I thought it was an exciting fun tournament to watch. so many competitive games and some interesting players and storylines. And people I know who are not that into basketball actually expressed that they really enjoyed the tournament. I guess ratings are always going to be higher when you have Blue Bloods in the final four. I love an underdog.
There was almost always an exciting game on, with the early blowouts on opposite closer contests. The least interesting games that had no competition in their time slot were the UConn games. Blowouts are only exciting for the home team fans.

Reactions: MiloTalon13
For college basketball fans who follow the sport consistently it was a fun tournament. I definitely enjoyed it. Championship game ratings are more indicative of the casual fan interest. The lack of the traditional marquis names in the championship game combined with the way UCONN steamrolled everyone to get there contributed to the lack of interest.

Would have had higher viewership if FAU had made it into the final -- the general public loves a Cinderella story.

Also, the fact that UConn took a commanding lead in the 1st half sunk any chance of higher ratings.
Do you think the general public thinks there is a difference between FAU and SDS?

Called it! Gonna see refs throw games for 1 seeds and blue bloods next year.

I guarantee you that if it were RU vs SDST the numbers would be much higher. You would think the state of Connecticut would be excited, but not really. A prime reason why RU is in the B1G!

The field was the worst I’ve seen it in a long time. Nothing exciting to look forward to watching once we got by the sweet 16.
I didn’t watch a second of the final 4 or finals.
I don’t think it has to do with NIL or the portal. I just think the individual talent was down this year. Not a lot of stars

for those saying the time isn't too late, there's a reason the SuperBowl is Sunday at 6:30. (ya ya NFL is typically sunday but if there was a better time and day they'd do it). my 2 cents

for those saying the time isn't too late, there's a reason the SuperBowl is Sunday at 6:30. (ya ya NFL is typically sunday but if there was a better time and day they'd do it). my 2 cents
Super Bowl is also a lead in to market the TV network's 10pm show.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT