ADVERTISEMENT

New Assistant DB coach hired

Maybe Larry Johnson. He is the assistant head coach and with Schiano there now, maybe that frees him up. Would be a great hire.

Normally you see a DC already in place before position coaches are hired because you want the DC to have a say in who he's working with. A bit curious. Hopefully Ash isn't struggling to find a DC.
As organized as Ash is, I'd bet he's already laying out who goes where to recruit right after the bowl game. Saw where our new line made two offers to kids who play center. That's a switch because Flood never offered a kid who actually played that position in HS. I like that.

"New Jersey ties" lol yeah worked GREAT for dumbo.

Another young, hungry, energetic guy with Florida ties. BAMM!

Last edited:
This technique works better.
giphy.gif
=----------

Nice!!... lol

Yeah, Wilson coaching the DB's has really been outstanding. Plus he delivered none of the big south jersey names this year or last. I'll take a shot with the grad assistant .
I hope you are not saying that a grad assistant would be a better choice than a experienced position coach.Employers always use prior experience as a elimination factor in hiring new employees.

Reactions: G- RUnit
Rutgers has always been a "show me" school to NJ coaches. How long did it take GS to finally start getting some of the top 10 in NJ? And it didn't really happen until he put a winning team on the field after 5-6 years.
As to your second point, Flood's staff was full of tri-state area experience and look where that got him.
If NJ players finally start seeing some competency and success from the coaches and team, it won't matter where they're from.

Ummmmmm. It took Schiano his first meeting with NJ recruits in 2001 to start getting the Top NJ recruits. Ricki Cook and company.

Reactions: ruready07
I think they have all been identified. I don't think you hire an Assistant DB Coach without a DB Coach.

It's also interesting that The Secondary is getting so much attention, with a DB Coach and an Asst. DB Coach. Add in the experience Ash has with coaching DB's and I think that area will be very very well coached and prepared.

Last four spots are DC/LB, RB Coach, DL Coach and DB Coach. I notice that there isn't a dedicated TE Coach.

Don't need a TE Coach in this new offense.

I hope you are not saying that a grad assistant would be a better choice than a experienced position coach.Employers always use prior experience as a elimination factor in hiring new employees.
He's coming in as the assistant DB coach and I'll surely trust our coach who knows him and his capabilities over somebody like you. I'm sure that both Coach Ash and this most recent hire have forgotten more about football than you'll ever know.

Reactions: BaseballFan913
I don't see why you guys think some 40-50 year old fart is going to come in and be some great teacher. The game is always changing. Give me a 24-25 year old kid that can relate to what the kid is seeing on the field and relate to them off of it as well.

You guys keep overrating age and experience.

Ummmmmm. It took Schiano his first meeting with NJ recruits in 2001 to start getting the Top NJ recruits. Ricki Cook and company.
That was only due to the excitement of a new coach. There was nothing after that for a while.

FWIW - Aaron Henry describes himself as on Twitter as, "The Official Twitter of Aaron Henry Cornerbacks Coach at Rutgers University!!! #ChopNation"

Berkely Hutchinson.....joined the Army.....took Hafley and Cignetti et al before we got decent classes over Pitt who was cleaning our clock with Wanny...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT