ADVERTISEMENT

New Engineering Building On the Horizon

As a Civil Engineering undergrad and graduate I can't tell you how much this space was needed. It was borderline embarrassing going to that Civil Engineering trailer to obtain my graduate degree...
Is the building just for civil engineering as it appears to mostly be? Other engineering programs still using the old embarrassing buildings, right?

Is the building just for civil engineering as it appears to mostly be? Other engineering programs still using the old embarrassing buildings, right?

If you watch the video it lists everything that will be in the building. Civil engineering never had an official building for anything besides a concrete lab, that's the only reason why it is a big deal for that major.

Comparatively, All other engineering departments have adequate facilities... Civil was located in a modular trailer for over 2 decades and are currently split between CoRE, and various wings in the old precast conc engineering building.

Comparatively, All other engineering departments have adequate facilities... Civil was located in a modular trailer for over 2 decades and are currently split between CoRE, and various wings in the old precast conc engineering building.
No doubt.
Being in Ceramic Eng we had great facilities and felt bad for the Civil Engineers and their very sorry looking trailer..

I'm going to be an engineer here and correct you as it was the CAIT building not CoRE ;)

Either way CAIT is just home to more civil engineering offices, really didn't benefit the students much. The CAIT building is really used more for offices, graduate students, and continuing education classes for professionals.

CAIT was probably just the school's attempt to keep Civil quiet about their space. For the 3rd largest dept in terms of students (at least during the early-mid 90s, not sure if that's changed in the years since) being in that modular building was a disgrace. I hated that place, and spent more time in the CE lab the last couple years of undergrad between the concrete canoe and Special Problems research. I wonder if Ed Wass is still there?

Faculty is located in CoRE, Cait, A Wing etc... all over the place. Currently taking grad classes and to track down faculty is fun

Faculty is located in CoRE, Cait, A Wing etc... all over the place. Currently taking grad classes and to track down faculty is fun

Interesting, got my grad degree in '12, maybe the staff grew since then. Either way, I hated that trailer.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT