ADVERTISEMENT

New stadium - timeline?

jaydogsmooth1

Senior
Jul 28, 2021
I know they're raising money for it currently, but do we have a lead donor? Will there be more aggressive marketing / solitiicing money for this moving forward?

I think it kind of needs to be someone who wants the Football team to have the stadium to themselves.
While not perfect I think the lacrosse programs like all the bells and whistles of the stadium and it would be ok staying. From what I understand it is the football staff that wants them out.

I think it kind of needs to be someone who wants the Football team to have the stadium to themselves.
While not perfect I think the lacrosse programs like all the bells and whistles of the stadium and it would be ok staying. From what I understand it is the football staff that wants them out.
Wow, interesting. I wonder if the same is true at Maryland, the other B1G team in the same situation...

I know you’re close to the program, but I find it hard to believe that our lax teams wouldn’t want a lax-only stadium like PSU has and like OSU just got. My apologies if I’m overstating this.

The NCAA first round game at Yurcak showed how much more of a raucous environment it would be in a lax only stadium. SHI never really gets raucous because 1,000 to 5,000 people just get swallowed up in a 52,000 seat football stadium.

I know you’re close to the program, but I find it hard to believe that our lax teams wouldn’t want a lax-only stadium like PSU has and like OSU just got. My apologies if I’m overstating this.

The NCAA first round game at Yurcak showed how much more of a raucous environment it would be in a lax only stadium. SHI never really gets raucous because 1,000 to 5,000 people just get swallowed up in a 52,000 seat football stadium.

UVA and UNC both share a field with the soccer team. Rutgers should use Yurcak for soccer and lacrosse.

Lol that ship sailed decades ago.

agreed..never happening..southern schools are grass because easier to maintain grass...also lax starting in february would destroy fields even with the RU turf experts..

Speaking of stadiums..images below of baseball/softball proposals illustrate what needs to be done at Yurcak..

Flip the soccer stands to the other side of soccer field, then build another set of bleachers facing the opposite direction and build a new lacrosse field on top of the hill...

(ie back to back bleachers facing opposite directions to existing soccer field and new lax field)

significant cost savings with sharing facilities ( concessions, bathrooms, team locker rooms, executive suites, broadcasting facilities) .... and also upgrade Yurcak bleachers

Reactions: SF88
Why would the football team want them out? What's the inconvenience?

No doubt...but that can't be the only reason...whats he controlling?

Illogical and makes no sense
Because there are maybe two times a year that GS wants to use the stadium for practice and he can’t because of a lacrosse game. That’s it.

Reactions: red sail
I actually heard years ago that if lax played in the stadium the internal accounting costs to use the stadium for that day helped to pay down the debt service of the stadium…a decade plus ago I would go to games where they currently practice with 200 in attendance

I would so much rather see us in a 5000 seat lacrosse-only facility. It would be an absolute “pit.

No doubt...but that can't be the only reason...whats he controlling?

Illogical and makes no sense
He literally hates the lacrosse lines on “his field”. It’s like pulling teeth to be able to practice in there.

We need our stadium and will get it because that’s what top teams almost all have now. Schiano’s insistence on no other programs using his facilities is helping move that along.

It’s still going to need alum involvement. Get your checkbooks ready.

Wow, interesting. I wonder if the same is true at Maryland, the other B1G team in the same situation...
I don’t think so. I believe they have a good working relationship at Maryland and your HC is fine with it.

Schiano’s being an ego maniac control freak is ultimately going to help get this done. It’s on the road to getting done one way or another.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT