ADVERTISEMENT

New Target? Wing Kadary Richmond

Kcg

I agree with you...but the two front court guys are the priority

We can be picky in adding one guard ...or take a pass if we can’t fine one

Having said that...the class of 2021 will need a point guard, shooting guard, a small forward, and another big.

You have to begin to reload earlier. That is the template for many successful teams. Plus, players leave and you plan for that.

If your star player is a going into his junior year, you should look to bring in a recruit that season so the player can sit behind for a year, and be ready to rock when the player leaves.
He would be a Soph at that time and he probably played some as a red shirt frosh while star player was a senior. Nice way to build depth

we really need Cliff Omoyuri in a bad way. He'd be a day 1 starter at the 4 and really solidify next years lineup. We have to land 2 forwards next year. Ideally it'd be omoyuri and a juco/grad transfer up front

we really need Cliff Omoyuri in a bad way. He'd be a day 1 starter at the 4 and really solidify next years lineup. We have to land 2 forwards next year. Ideally it'd be omoyuri and a juco/grad transfer up front

Not a JUCO. Name the last JUCO day 1 starter in the Big Ten.

Not a JUCO. Name the last JUCO day 1 starter in the Big Ten.
That's a tough one.

Probably Carl Landry or Trevor Mbakwe but as good as they were I'm not 100 percent sure they were day one starters in the B1G.

That's a tough one.

Probably Carl Landry or Trevor Mbakwe but as good as they were I'm not 100 percent sure they were day one starters in the B1G.

Looking them up, Landry started all 25 games his first year at Purdue in 2004-05, averaging 30.3 min, 18.2 pts, and 7.1 rbs. That's probably the winner.

Mbakwe redshirted his first year at Minnesota. He also spent a year at Marquette before going Juco for a year, so he wasn't a run of the mill Juco.

Reactions: Russ Wood
You think Cliff would play the 4 and not the 5?

You think Cliff would play the 4 and not the 5?
Depends what type of lineup we rock with. If he doesnt play the 4 next year who does? Small ball lineup with Ron all year?

Cliff is NOT playing the four ...he is a rim protector shot blocking type and low post player ....he is a five and .anything but a Stretch four

Getting CO means you have a two headed center with Myles for two years ..we still need a four man in the class with CO.

Last edited:
Cliff is NOT playing the four ...he is a rim protector shot blocking type and low post player ....he is a five and .anything but a Stretch four

Getting CO means you have a two headed center with Myles for two years ..we still need a four man in the class with CO.

Agreed, we need Martice Mitchell or Coleman Hawkins, etc.

Reactions: Scangg

That's how I see it too. We just complained EO couldn't stretch the floor and people are happy we are moving to positionless bball with 4 guys who can shoot the 3. If we go to Cliff at 4 and Myles at 5 we are going to dominate the rebounds and interior defense shot blocking but I'm not sure how well the offense would flow with those two playing major minutes together. I like the Hawkins at 4 and cliff Myles at 5 splitting the minutes. We would be dancing for sure

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT