ADVERTISEMENT

Next 5

Rutgers could be the underdog in every game.The two home games are the best chances for wins.

Reactions: darkcheck
Time to shake things up with the starting lineup and player combinations during the year.

Too many missed layups, sloppy lazy turnover passes, not boxing out, forced shots, inconsistent offense, and good defense getting erased by offense turnovers.

Many players playing in desperation on offense instead of letting the game come to them!

Omoruyi has been neutralized on offense and needs to pass more down low when doubled teamed instead of trying to force a shot too from the basket.

Pas
Time to shake things up with the starting lineup and player combinations during the year.

Too many missed layups, sloppy lazy turnover passes, not boxing out, forced shots, inconsistent offense, and good defense getting erased by offense turnovers.

Many players playing in desperation on offense instead of letting the game come to them!

Omoruyi has been neutralized on offense and needs to pass more down low when doubled teamed instead of trying to force a shot too from the basket.
Pass more down low? How often do we get the ball inside. Looking back many years when Rutgers force fed Rashod Kent in the paint… now that is how you force the action. Could not shoot beyond 10 ‘ but when they got it inside… 2 points.

Indiana to me. Nebby just knows how to play us, they crushed us at the rac last year with a full healthy team

every dog has its day, i do not think RU lies down vs Indiana coming back home
I’m glad Indiana won last night. If they had lost, I think their urgency would beat us Tuesday for sure. I still think we lose Tuesday because of their size, but at least we have a shot.

Indiana to me. Nebby just knows how to play us, they crushed us at the rac last year with a full healthy team

every dog has its day, i do not think RU lies down vs Indiana coming back home
We lost to Nebraska 82-72 without Mag but it was coming off 2 close losses @ Illinois and @ Indiana also without Mag and the defensive effort wasn't there vs Neb because of the way they lost those two games in defensive battles.

Tominaga 22, Wilcher 17, Walker 16, Griesel 12

Don't remember who guarded who,
Paul 36 min 2 pts, 12 ast, FG 1-3, Cam 35 min, 8 pts, 7 reb, FG 3-11, 3pt 2-6
Hyatt 30 min, 24 pts, FG 8-18, 3pt 5-11, Simpson, 19 min, 10pts, FG 5-7
Cliff, 35 min, FG 5-7, 13pt 12 reb., Caleb 33 min, 12 pts, 8 reb

Woolf, Reiber Oscar and Jalen combined 14 minutes, 3 pt by Reiber

The three returning player in 23-24 played well in their minutes I wouldn't exactly call it crushed.

Last edited:
I say zero
Come within single digits twice
one loss will be by 20+

We lost to Nebraska 82-72 without Mag but it was coming off 2 close losses @ Illinois and @ Indiana also without Mag and the defensive effort wasn't there vs Neb because of the way they lost those two games in defensive battles.

Tominaga 22, Wilcher 17, Walker 16, Griesel 12

Don't remember who guarded who,
Paul 36 min 2 pts, 12 ast, FG 1-3, Cam 35 min, 8 pts, 7 reb, FG 3-11, 3pt 2-6
Hyatt 30 min, 24 pts, FG 8-18, 3pt 5-11, Simpson, 19 min, 10pts, FG 5-7
Cliff, 35 min, FG 5-7, 13pt 12 reb., Caleb 33 min, 12 pts, 8 reb

Woolf, Reiber Oscar and Jalen combined 14 minutes, 3 pt by Reiber

The three returning player in 23-24 played well in their minutes I wouldn't exactly call it crushed.
Hopefully we are better suited to guard Tominaga this season with Simpson and Davis being smaller quicker guards who struggle more with size and strength but are very quick

I know we don’t play Michigan for a while but they are terrible and getting worse like us. We won’t beat them on the road but should definitely beat them at home. Howard is an awful coach.

Finding out about Mich St schedule snafu, they play @ Illinois, Thursday night at 9pm, and have to play Rutgers, home Sat afternoon 1pm. That is a 36 hr turn around.

We play Vs Indiana Jan 9, @ Mich St Jan 13, vs Nebraska Jan 17, @ Illinois, vs Purdue

3-2 sound about right, Indiana and Nebraska aren't good road teams last few years and yes I know they beat us last year, which we should be motivated to beat Nebraska at home with Mag this year.

Finding out about Mich St schedule snafu, they play @ Illinois, Thursday night at 9pm, and have to play Rutgers, home Sat afternoon 1pm. That is a 36 hr turn around.

We play Vs Indiana Jan 9, @ Mich St Jan 13, vs Nebraska Jan 17, @ Illinois, vs Purdue

3-2 sound about right, Indiana and Nebraska aren't good road teams last few years and yes I know they beat us last year, which we should be motivated to beat Nebraska at home with Mag this year.
Michigan State has better players, a better coach, and home court. They are not losing to this year's Rutgers squad at home.
Also, I don't see how this team goes 3-2 in that stretch. Not beating Purdue or Illinois. Two wins is the max. I am guessing 1.

what is 3-2 based on, i can see one or even two though not likely but how 3

Reactions: biazza38
what is 3-2 based on, i can see one or even two though not likely but how 3
In order of likely to unlikely
Vs Indiana is most likely win
Vs Nebraska has the revenge motivation at home
@ Illinois least likely

Mich St and Purdue is tied for the third win between Nebraska and Illinois, Rutgers swept Purdue 2-0 19-20, beat Purdue without RHJ 20-21, beat #1 Purdue after losing to DePaul, Lafayette, and UMass in 21-22 and beat #1 Purdue @ Purdue in 22-23. Not doubting Pike vs Painter as an automatic loss, and Mich St could go into OT, Double OT, heartbreaking loss, Ohio St to us 22-23 and Seton Hall 22-23 happens or celebrating too much winning at Illinois. Third win is possible.

• Wow
Reactions: bac2therac

Michigan State game is Sunday Jan 14

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT