ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Is Tonight a must win for MSU?

LeapinLou

Heisman Winner
Jul 25, 2001
MSU has made the NCAA Tournament 25 years in a row. Right now they are 15-9 (7-6).

Their remaining schedule is fairly weak:
@ PSU tonight
@ Michigan
Iowa
Ohio State
@ Purdue
Northwestern
@Indiana

Only the games @Purdue and home to Northwestern are opportunities. The rest are potential resume killers. I don't think tonight is a must win, but if they lose they'll need to go at least 4-2 the rest of the way and more likely 5-1. That will not be easy.

Thoughts?

they are in decent shape right now above the bubble but certainly no lock.

NET is 22. 3-7 in Q1, 2-2 in Q2 so overall 5-9 in Q1/2 needs some improvement

Huge non conference win over Baylor. Also 2x wins vs Wisconsin, wins over Illinois, Butler, Indiana State. That;s 5 NCAA schools.

No bad loss..worse loss at Minnesota in Q2

SOS strong at 16 overall, 45 OOC

Tonight would just be a Q2 loss. They have 3 easy games after tonight so tonight isnt a must win. I think 4-2 keeps them in. 3-3 is where they move towards the bubble area but they have a lot of strengths working for them even there. They could easily go 5-1 in this stretch

Reactions: Scangg
OK so while a win would certainly help, no panic if they lose. I'm not feeling good about their chances tonight, unless PSU is ready to come back to their mean after a nice stretch.

its one they should get if they want to be a NCAA participant but would not be surprised at all at a loss especially after their big win on Saturday. Its a tricky last 3 they have so winning tonight gives them a larger margin of error those 3.

I don't see MSU having trouble getting in. Remaining schedule isn't scary and MSU seems to typically trend up late in season

Reactions: RUJMM78
MSU has not made the NCAAs 25 years in a row. If we didnt make it in 2020 neither did they

Reactions: lakejj
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT