ADVERTISEMENT

Is Saturday a Must Win Game vs. SH and

RAC93

Junior
Gold Member
Aug 12, 2023
A must Mag game??? They need a win to turn this thing around, but they also must have Mag, right? Keep hearing he’s close, he’s close, he’s cleared by the doctors…..they need him back bad so now is the time…. I have serious doubts he can fix the many problems this team has but they are definitely better with him and desperate times call for desperate measures.

Quite honestly without Mag in there we are not going anywhere soon. Yes , something with Derek who I think played off of the 3 amigos who left. 15-16 wins maybe. I hope I’m on the under side but not looking like they want to be out there.

Who is guarding Richmond?
He should be a very tough matchup for Rutgers.

Pike has to force him to pass the ball.
SHU, like RU, doesn’t shoot it well.
Especially Dawes who is a subpar player.

But Richmond can take it to the hoop.
So can Davis who is strong around the basket.

I’m not sure where RU has a big advantage at any position. It’s a winnable game for RU if Pike can get them to score a lot of fast break points but Sha coached very well at The RAC last season. He will def have his team prepared and it’s a mostly veteran core including their two transfer big men.

Not trying to be negative towards RU but SHU’s Frosh Coleman has been more impressive than RU’s guards so far this season.

SHU strength is their big older guards, they will eat our small guards alive. It will look like men vs boys out there. Hate to say it, but I think Saturday will look just like the last two games. Even Bediako SHU big has played better than Cliff this season.
Older bigger guards are going to be a problem all season. Could see Richmond going off

He should be a very tough matchup for Rutgers.

Pike has to force him to pass the ball.
SHU, like RU, doesn’t shoot it well.
Especially Dawes who is a subpar player.

But Richmond can take it to the hoop.
So can Davis who is strong around the basket.

I’m not sure where RU has a big advantage at any position. It’s a winnable game for RU if Pike can get them to score a lot of fast break points but Sha coached very well at The RAC last season. He will def have his team prepared and it’s a mostly veteran core including their two transfer big men.

Not trying to be negative towards RU but SHU’s Frosh Coleman has been more impressive than RU’s guards so far this season.
Davis is strong around the basket?? In what way? He is shooting 25% from the floor for the season . . .

Seton Hall does not shoot the ball all that well...big difference from last 2 opponents but we could lose like 60-45

We need to ugly this game up and keep it in the 50s..can we find grit and toughness

Seton Hall does not shoot the ball all that well...big difference from last 2 opponents but we could lose like 60-45

We need to ugly this game up and keep it in the 50s..can we find grit and toughness
If SHU doesn't shoot well it just means they are going to have a thousand offensive boards and all sorts of second chance points unless the team decides battling for boards is something they want to do

It's now or never
Yea, let’s go already. Put up or just sit down and transfer so we can figure out what the hell with have to do with the rotation to build some consistency. But to be clear, if we need Mag that bad, we are in a bad way.

Talent aside - I just don’t see our team having anywhere near enough toughness, grit or desire/fire to win an instate game against Seton Hall.

Really hope I’m wrong but if we play like we did the past 2 games we’re going to get steam rolled in Newark on Saturday.

Reactions: biker7766
Pike is leaving a lot to be desired right now.
Paul and Cam messed everything up. I stand by that. But at the very least, the team has to look cohesive. Poor recruiting will do this, though.

We ain’t beating the Hall even though they suck as well.
Agreed
Right now it looks like no way we win
I know they have had their share of problems, but I don't see us getting out of there within 10 points
Of course hoping to be way wrong

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT