ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Do we feel bad for Seton Hall?

Music Festival No GIF by Cosmic Accents

Reactions: Scarlet83
I understand their disappointment but SHU did lose out of conference to Rutgers, Iowa and Southern Cal. Also they lost 5 conference games by 18 points or more. Plus they struggled both games with Georgetown and had two wins over Depaul in conference who was one of the worst teams in D-1. They are only # 62 in Kenpom when we finished at # 42 last year when we were left out of the tournament. I hope we can have a very good season next year and can avoid any bubble talk.

The Big East has been relegated to a mid-major conference. The days of them getting a handful or more teams in the tournament are history. They offer nothing to the B1G and SEC, they are lucky those conferences even agree to let them play in the tournament going forward, the 80s are over.

Some weird parallels here. Last year, we lost to SHU, beat the #1 team in the county, and ended up the 2nd team in the last four out. This year, they lose to Rutgers, beat the #1 team in the country, and end up the 2nd team in the last four out.

I feel bad for the Big East. They literally went from 6 teams in the tournament to 3 on Saturday. Seton Hall, St. Johns, and Providence are all good teams but the bid stealers crushed them. Meanwhile, I have a friend that's an NC State fan. He's actually upset that they made it because he wanted the coach fired. Now he'll probably get an extension, lol.

Compare Michigan State's resume to those 3 Big East teams and, in my opinion, Michigan State is easily the worst of the four teams. And yet as a 9 seed, MSU isn't even on the bubble. I guess the committee didn't want Izzo's streak to end this year. @bac2therac your thoughts?
Nope.

They didn’t deserve to get in, plain and simple. And about time the committee stopped falling for the Big East manipulating metrics and inflating their teams.

Hope they enjoy the NIT

Reactions: runrutgersrun
No you don’t have to have feelings for Seton Hall but they are still playing ( won last night) we unfortunately are not. We would love to have had our team still playing.

It’s unfortunate for them that there were so many bid stealers and that is a bummer and I can certainly empathize with their disappointment. That said no way they deserved to be in looking at their resume and the slots available. The 13-7 is a joke with 4 guaranteed wins. They were up and down. Too many blow outs and a terrible OOC.

It’s unfortunate for them that there were so many bid stealers and that is a bummer and I can certainly empathize with their disappointment. That said no way they deserved to be in looking at their resume and the slots available. The 13-7 is a joke with 4 guaranteed wins. They were up and down. Too many blow outs and a terrible OOC.
And so far the Bigeast has one team left in the NIT, Seton Hall that was lucky to get to OT and win.

Reactions: bethlehemfan
But they did win …
I ran into friends that were at the SHU-St. Joe's game. They said it was an amazing atmosphere and they had a blast. Congrats to SHU and their fans. I'm rooting for them to keep it going tomorrow. It gives Sha less time to recruit the portal.

Born and raised in Essex County NJ 2 1/2 miles from the Seton Hall prep and university campus... rooted for guys like Nick Werkman . Played in the old gym many times and always rooted for them . I was accepted to both the prep and university but chose another ... so if RUTGERS isn’t still playing , and though it’s only the NIT , I do have a place for them. Wish them well … we beat them this year and that is great.

Some weird parallels here. Last year, we lost to SHU, beat the #1 team in the county, and ended up the 2nd team in the last four out. This year, they lose to Rutgers, beat the #1 team in the country, and end up the 2nd team in the last four out.

I feel bad for the Big East. They literally went from 6 teams in the tournament to 3 on Saturday. Seton Hall, St. Johns, and Providence are all good teams but the bid stealers crushed them. Meanwhile, I have a friend that's an NC State fan. He's actually upset that they made it because he wanted the coach fired. Now he'll probably get an extension, lol.

Compare Michigan State's resume to those 3 Big East teams and, in my opinion, Michigan State is easily the worst of the four teams. And yet as a 9 seed, MSU isn't even on the bubble. I guess the committee didn't want Izzo's streak to end this year. @bac2therac your thoughts?
Feel bad for whom?

Reactions: runrutgersrun
So SHU and the 3 Big East teams in the dance are a combined 8-0 in their respective tournaments. Say what you want, but the Big East is having the last laugh.

And my buddy that wanted the NC State coach fired has his tail between his legs. I have no idea how that team has managed to win 7 games in a row, but I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that they beat Marquette and reach the Elite 8. Crazy.

So SHU and the 3 Big East teams in the dance are a combined 8-0 in their respective tournaments. Say what you want, but the Big East is having the last laugh.

And my buddy that wanted the NC State coach fired has his tail between his legs. I have no idea how that team has managed to win 7 games in a row, but I don't think it's beyond the realm of possibility that they beat Marquette and reach the Elite 8. Crazy.
The NCAA tournament teams are 6-0 against lower seeds. If you bring in Seton Hall to the discussion, though, you also have to bring in Villanova, Providence, and Xavier. Big East is 2-3 in the NIT this year so far, with two of their teams losing to lower seeds.

Still, they're having a good post season overall, and UVA got plastered in their first four game - so I'd say some talk may be warranted on whether they deserved to get a fourth team in.

And the vaunted Mountain West that got 6 teams into the NCAA has one left.
Because if you guys got in as a 10-11 seed, you'd definitely be in the Sweet 16 right?

If you want to argue resumes go ahead, but overall the MW is actually outperforming their seedings after the first weekend.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT