ADVERTISEMENT

NIL Contributions

eddynyse

Junior
Nov 17, 2003
I know many of you don't believe NIL is the right thing for college athletics, but wondering if anyone has changed their mind or is considering making a contribution to a NIL fund even though you disagree with the idea of compensating college athletes.

For example, I'm planning on increasing my contribution simply because I'm enjoying the games and the results of this season and would like to contribute to keep things going. Also, would like avoid losing players like
Monangai/Melton and attract talented athletes that can help this program achieve higher level of success (Baileys and Harpers of the world).

I believe athletes should be compensated by their NIL and not by the fanbase but it seems the current environment is demanding that we step in so we can keep our players and attract others.

Anyway, just wondering...

NIL deals blowing-up - coaches ok with it - except for "collectives" - those can tip into outsider meddling

I know many of you don't believe NIL is the right thing for college athletics, but wondering if anyone has changed their mind or is considering making a contribution to a NIL fund even though you disagree with the idea of compensating college athletes.

For example, I'm planning on increasing my contribution simply because I'm enjoying the games and the results of this season and would like to contribute to keep things going. Also, would like avoid losing players like
Monangai/Melton and attract talented athletes that can help this program achieve higher level of success (Baileys and Harpers of the world).

I believe athletes should be compensated by their NIL and not by the fanbase but it seems the current environment is demanding that we step in so we can keep our players and attract others.

Nope. If anything my interest in the players is decreasing. I fear the day we start losing players to better NIL deals. It would just underscore they aren't interested in the College, just the money. That will be another nail in the coffin for me.

I'm not crazy about the way NIL has turned out, but it's the reality we live in now. I'm signed up for an automatic donation each month. I'm happy with the way we improved and I want to keep getting better. However, it's just not possible without more NIL money, so I'm going to increase my donation. It's not much, but if every fan does it, it will add up. If most fans don't contribute, we'll go nowhere.

I’ll repeat the same mantra I’ve said all along - donate or get left behind

Other schools are stepping up
If we don’t, it’ll be petunial 6 win seasons and cold weather bowl games

If we as a fan base are ok w that, keep the status quo

If we want better, then donate

Plain & simple

I'm not crazy about the way NIL has turned out, but it's the reality we live in now. I'm signed up for an automatic donation each month. I'm happy with the way we improved and I want to keep getting better. However, it's just not possible without more NIL money, so I'm going to increase my donation. It's not much, but if every fan does it, it will add up. If most fans don't contribute, we'll go nowhere.
This

Nope. If anything my interest in the players is decreasing. I fear the day we start losing players to better NIL deals. It would just underscore they aren't interested in the College, just the money. That will be another nail in the coffin for me.
Money has always been involved for big time players.

Reactions: Newbrunfus
If we could get 10,000 people to contribute $1000 each year it would make RU into a regular top 15 team as long as we have a good coach... You would think people would put the cash to get a super entertaining team on a regular basis (I am!).

This and same with me. If you’re on here you care about the teams and players a lot so I encourage you to give an amount you’re comfortable with and support them.

The Blue Bloods hate NIL it brings parity to teams that can't pay under the table. Alabama losing games Clemson losing games Colorado on the rise. The Blue bloods hate this and want to take back control.

This is old news but In case you guys are looking for a beer that supports our athletes

On the Banks beer

Beer locator

Reactions: RUnTeX
The Blue Bloods hate NIL it brings parity to teams that can't pay under the table. Alabama losing games Clemson losing games Colorado on the rise. The Blue bloods hate this and want to take back control.

Been saying this since it began.
It's about opportunity - not results.

Previously the only opportunity for elite recruits was teams willing to pay under the table and cheat.
Now the opportunity is open for anyone to pay.

Just because some schools currently can't pay as much is immaterial. The opportunity is still there which is what's important.

Reactions: eddynyse
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT