ADVERTISEMENT

NJ.COM guys are saying

We can't throw the ball anyway and he doesn't believe in the forward pass so it would fit right in.

All kidding aside, he was on my list of original candidates 6 months ago. He's going to get fired from BC. He can recruit actually and he does bring an identity with him.

Reactions: vkj91
It’s the smart play by him. He knows he’s done at BC so jump to the next stop and get one last good contract. Think Tommy Tuberville

Reactions: RUskoolie
steve Addazio and his agent put his name out for every job. He came out and said he had been contacted about the michigan job when they hired harbaugh

We can't throw the ball anyway and he doesn't believe in the forward pass so it would fit right in.

All kidding aside, he was on my list of original candidates 6 months ago. He's going to get fired from BC. He can recruit actually and he does bring an identity with him.

another like Hafley we could have had in 2012...I would take Halfely 100000000000000000000000 over this guy

Reactions: GSGS and superfan01
What does it matter? After this fiasco, the next coach is doomed to fail. Nothing will satisfy the fans, and most of the state simply doesn't care at all.

Might as well be Addazio.

Great job, Schiano. Kneecapping Rutgers Football twice in a decade is quite an achievement.
Oh brother - Can you read - it was not Schiano's problem. Hobbs never wanted it to happen.

Reactions: RU22
That’s their premium info. Probably should let out of this board.

another like Hafley we could have had in 2012...I would take Halfely 100000000000000000000000 over this guy

In my opinion as a 20yr plus fanatic of both football and basketball, bac has been the most on point the past 48 hours. Keep agreeing with everything he as to say.

Reactions: czxqa
Hobbs met with the team today and told them “Give me a week to find a coach”. He has confidence I will give him that.

Hobbs met with the team today and told them “Give me a week to find a coach”. He has confidence I will give him that.

I don't see how that is possible unless hiring Nunzio or B. Jones. He won't get to speak with the likes of Hafley or A Camp until after Mich/OSU on Saturday.

Reactions: BOGDANOVICH
Any choice he makes will be a disaster. They will be from a pool of losers or inexperience who come cheap. This is Barchi and Hobbs agreed to operate with this search, right from the start.

Since anyone should be better than Ash, I certainly hope Hobbs isn't going to say that a minor improvement is a WIN for his hire.

Hobbs left to his own devices in a head football coaching search is a really scary proposition. Remember this guy's entire lifetime experience in the game boils down to 4 years of failed football. Be afraid of what's about to unfold, very afraid.

Last edited:
The Boston College coach is angling for the job. Incredible if this happens I don’t want that guy here.
The Dazzler always stays one step ahead of the grim reaper. He was thisclose to being canned at Temple and now he knows he’s in thin ice at BC. He’s a classic charlatan who thinks he’s much better than he is.

Reactions: RUDead
Adazio has done ok, but Rutgers being historically bad has had to have helped him with recruiting, and he gets many of those wins against non power 5 schools. He's 43-44 at BC in 7 years. Of those 43 wins, almost half are against non-power 5 teams:

UMass 3-0
UConn 2-0
N.Illinois 2-0
Maine 2-0
Holy Cross 1-0
Richmond 1-0
Temple 1-0
C.Michigan 1-0
Wagner 1-0
Buffalo 1-0
Harvard 1-0
Nova 1-0
Army 1-0
NM State 1-0
CoState 0-1

Now, he doesn't lose to those teams which is better than Rutgers can say right now, and give him credit for beating FSU once and USC once, but he's had 7 years at BC and been average at a time where there is no competition for recruits from Rutgers. If he was coach here and Schiano was up in BC (which might actually be the next best fit for him), Addazio isn't winning those recruiting battles.

Just googled Addazio’s salary at BC,and it’s 2.3 mil. Would GS take that?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT