ADVERTISEMENT

NJ.COM Headline: Rutgers Football Undefeated In 2023

Hmmm.. remarkably supportive post. Well done... and probably predictive. But I think the focus will be on a fake sellout.. fans leaving.. empty seats.

Reactions: pmvon and mildone
Hmmm.. remarkably supportive post. Well done... and probably predictive. But I think the focus will be on a fake sellout.. fans leaving.. empty seats.
It's been pretty remarkable how they always find a way to kick RUFB when it's down or up. They fake us out with a positive story or two, then slam us with some totally unnecessary negative hit piece.

They did that crap too much and then added a pay-wall, so I removed them from my twitter feed. Not really sure why any RU fans would pay for someone else's opinions anyway.

Then again, you know me. I won't pay for anybody's opinions on any subject these days. We can get all the opinions we want free right here. 😀

Reactions: pmvon
It's been pretty remarkable how they always find a way to kick RUFB when it's down or up. They fake us out with a positive story or two, then slam us with some totally unnecessary negative hit piece.

They did that crap too much and then added a pay-wall, so I removed them from my twitter feed. Not really sure why any RU fans would pay for someone else's opinions anyway.

Then again, you know me. I won't pay for anybody's opinions on any subject these days. We can get all the opinions we want free right here. 😀
Oh... then add in all the times where Rutgers fans, myself included, did all the research and wrote a post here and then we see that same story appear in NJ.com/S-L stories... without any kind of attribution. They do attribute when the focus is absolutely negative about, for instance, a Schiano hotseat story would refer to "fans" posting on message boards with maybe a specific quote... so it won't be NJ.com/S-L writers saying mean things.. it will be Rutgers "fans" saying it.

So.. yeah.. Rutgers fans know 10X what the beat writers know about Rutgers sports.

Reactions: mildone
Our first non win game ( not using L word) they will write a negative hit piece without a doubt even if it’s a great game. If we do reach the B word goal this season they will tell us how we over achieved and spend too much on athletics though the B1G pays us now very well.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Maybe not. Be a good week for them to post about the cost of the football program or some 30 year old former RU walk-on who got a traffic ticket last week, or something more like that.
Hmmmm, still not sure if you're on an elaborate troll or not, since you don't usually buy in to conspiracy-style stuff. Yes, nj.com is tougher on RU than most news sources are at other State U's where football is a religion, but I'd rather have accuracy than hot air. And so far, after 3 years of, at best, mediocre performance, they haven't excoriated Schiano yet, like the papers would if he had his current record at many of these State U's (he'd have been fired by now at many).

This season all we keep hearing from former players, some coaches and media on networks for what a very good HC Schiano is. For some odd reason this guy has always been with top programs and gets some well deserved props as a coach. This year he is allowing his Coordinators to actually run their areas of expertise while he goes about other issues such as NIL and recruiting.

Reactions: MADHAT1
Hmmmm, still not sure if you're on an elaborate troll or not, since you don't usually buy in to conspiracy-style stuff. Yes, nj.com is tougher on RU than most news sources are at other State U's where football is a religion, but I'd rather have accuracy than hot air. And so far, after 3 years of, at best, mediocre performance, they haven't excoriated Schiano yet, like the papers would if he had his current record at many of these State U's (he'd have been fired by now at many).
I'm not trolling and it's not any kind of conspiracy. Nobody's hiding anything. It's all out in the open.

And you're really not paying enough attention if you haven't noticed the pattern we're talking about. It's been going on for years. Sure, many of the articles are neutral and occasionally even supportive. But then there are the terribly timed articles that are obvious attacks on the RU athletics. They don't miss many opportunities to draw negative attention to RU athletics with articles that could've easily never been published.

Often it's funding-related. But why would they push out a negative article about attendance BEFORE the first game, as they apparently did just prior to this season's opener? It's not that it's inaccurate. It's that it's completely unnecessary to go there, especially at just that time.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT