ADVERTISEMENT

No. 1 seed Rutgers Women’s Soccer hosted No. 2 seed Arkansas for the Quarterfinals on Friday, And Won going to the College Cup!

It’s very windy hear and it will definitely be a factor and we will have to keep the ball on the ground and make crisp passes
This SHOULD play into our favor, right? We're a defensive-minded team to begin with and typically play a ground game passing-wise (from what I've seen this year).

Santa Clara leading #1 seed Duke. 2-0 in the first half. Santa Clara will be very tough in the College Cup if they advance as they are defending champions and the hosts.

Ugh. Lots of standing around and watching on the Arkansas goal. It was a beautiful finish but prior to that too many people spectating.

Once again, barely anyone moved on the corner and the shortest girl ended up with a free header around 3 defenders. Our defense insanely stiff right now.

Last edited:
As I think I am a jinx I an turning off the game. Since I've turned it on they have been 100% outplayed, outhustled and outscored 2-0. Good luck ladies bring it home.

Reactions: RUonBrain
Great to see 3 teams in the Elite 8 … hate to see RU 0-3 in them.

Ali has had two very poor touches on golden opportunities. Not going to get too many more chances like that.

I don’t expect RU to beat FSU. I would be thrilled just to punch into that next level and be in the Final 4. Still a shot, but knowing RU’s history … I’d be shocked.

Girls putting some pressure … then of course a late tackle on Gabby

There we go … had visions of Iowa 2020 on that earlier crossbar … but kept the pressure up and BOOM!!!!

Ali with the great finish (finally)!! Beautiful setup by Tiernan as well. That’s a huge equalizer before half.

Lot of respect for the team … Gabby is very tough … Ali getting some ops and converted!!!!!

Absolutely HUUUUUUGGGGGGEEEE to get that tying goal before the half.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT