ADVERTISEMENT

No. 1 seed Rutgers Women’s Soccer hosted No. 2 seed Arkansas for the Quarterfinals on Friday, And Won going to the College Cup!

She needs to put something on goal shes had opportunities
Yeah, she had a few unlucky breaks as well like hitting the post and getting pulled down from behind but glad she finally broke through and found the back of the net.

2-2 at the half. Is it my imagination or is this game being played at a faster pace than most others? Both teams are in double figures already for shots on goal. Many box scores don't come near that for entire games. I'm not there and can't watch it but perhaps someone could comment.

Thanks.

Ali has had two very poor touches on golden opportunities. Not going to get too many more chances like that.
Against any other team, you're so right. But I've never seen a college team play this way. I think Ali will get a ton more chances. This all-forward style by Arkansas is crazy!

Reactions: MS-RU
We need to spread the field more and get the ball wide we always tend to go up the middle but how are defense definitely has to play better the second half but we can win this one

2-2 at the half. Is it my imagination or is this game being played at a faster pace than most others? Both teams are in double figures already for shots on goal. Many box scores don't come near that for entire games. I'm not there and can't watch it but perhaps someone could comment.

Thanks.
Arkansas plays what could be described as "run and gun." They don't play back. They don't go slow. They bring 8 forward, which puts a ton of pressure on their opponents, but also leaves them wide open to counter attacks. It's fun to watch, but I wouldn't call it a good strategy.

Ali clearly is the go to shooter/scorer .Rutgers needs to dominate the time of possession in the second half and minimize the number of Arkansas corner kicks.

Reactions: eso1989
I have a feeling Frankie is hurt. She is a step slower.

Dominated last 15 minutes. Game changed when Arkansas pulled out out a starting forward.

I have a feeling Frankie is hurt. She is a step slower.

Dominated last 15 minutes. Game changed when Arkansas pulled out out a starting forward.
Yeah something is definitely up. Pretty much been a non-factor the last two games which extremely uncharacteristic.

Watching in TV I couldn’t tell the direction of the wind. Anyone there can comment? Will we be with or against the wind in second half?

Fast paced game, which is how Arkansas seems to like playing. They play ugly soccer. But they do it well. Couple RU players holding the ball a bit too long, trying to beat the first defender off the dribble rather than using a wall pass or one-two pass. Leading to turnovers in RU’s defensive half.

But overall, I think RU did well in that half, keeping composure and playing their style of soccer. Would be nice to see RU use long switches to tire out Arkansas‘s forwards and mids, the way TCU did to us last game. But I haven’t seen that from RU, perhaps the defenders don’t have the leg strength?

Watching in TV I couldn’t tell the direction of the wind. Anyone there can comment? Will we be with or against the wind in second half?
Looks like it’s blowing across the field from the stands to the far side of the field, mostly. Swirling a bit, though.

Game is on BTN+ for free. Just go to Btn+ and look at live events. You will see game for free. Nice crowd in spite of weather.

Tiernan scoring that 1st goal from distance and then at the end of the half moving to that same spot, allowing the defense to collapse on her to prevent the shot then delivering that perfect pass to Amirah was brilliant. What a player

As a lefty forward myself, it's painfully obvious that several of our girls aren't comfortable shooting with their left.

RU needs to play small ball in their defensive third, stop trying to play long balls into the wind.

Reactions: mikebal9
That’s what sucks about playing upwind in a heavy wind. It can be very tough to get out of your defensive third.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT