ADVERTISEMENT

No. 12 Rutgers Wrestling Squares Off with American Friday Night in Nation’s Capital

Based on the projected starters in the article, we probably see this lineup:

125 - Shawver
133 - Britton
141 - Rivera
149 - MVB
157 - Kanniard
165 - Angelo
174 - O'Neill
184 - Poz
197 - Epperly
285 - McDermott

Reactions: MS-RU
Surprised that Sammy might not wrestle. Seems like it’s better for him to stay active/engaged. Would love to see Poz get a rest at some point. Too bad Janzer is hurt.

How's their 165 guy? I'm wondering if it's better to give Angelo a shot or let Clark get his first win.
Would love to see Clark win and get some confidence he wrestled tough last week came up short but would also like to see how GA looks at 65 lol. Some guys look like they’re in a groove Shawver mvb poz bulsak keep them in lineup

Reactions: FoxRU
They will definitely try to give a few guys a break/rest when they can especially against lesser competition to help build depth and develop others, so it's a win-win all around.

Like some mentioned, it would be nice to give Poz a rest but with Janzer hurt we are left with no choice for the timing being unfortunately.

Surprised that Sammy might not wrestle. Seems like it’s better for him to stay active/engaged. Would love to see Poz get a rest at some point. Too bad Janzer is hurt.
After what happened with Sammy last year, I think it’s better to let him take a week living life at a normal weight instead of cutting constantly.

After what happened with Sammy last year, I think it’s better to let him take a week living life at a normal weight instead of cutting constantly.
So I’m pretty sure he’s going to have then make weight and tell them later who will wrestle. Also, having Sammy slide back up in weight is last thing you want. Cutting weight is tough. But maintaining once you are already down is not difficult. That was a big part of problem for him last year — the lack of continuity of workouts and up and down yo yo with weight.

So I’m pretty sure he’s going to have then make weight and tell them later who will wrestle. Also, having Sammy slide back up in weight is last thing you want. Cutting weight is tough. But maintaining once you are already down is not difficult. That was a big part of problem for him last year — the lack of continuity of workouts and up and down yo yo with weight.
He can maintain 138-140 pretty easily. I’m not saying balloon up to 150+, but there’s really no need for Alvarez to cut down to 133 for this one. Just my thoughts.

I may have missed this somewhere but what happened to Turley? Haven't seen or heard of him in a while

I may have missed this somewhere but what happened to Turley? Haven't seen or heard of him in a while
Apparently injured but seems to be a mystery if what is wrong or when it occurred. I “think” he had off-season surgery and remember someone posting Goody said he may never be completely healthy again or something to that extent.

Where will RU Wrestling be streamed?
I did not see it on B10 Plus

Nevermind..just saw...ESPN+, not enough for me to pay to subscribe.

A lot of talk of guys needing a rest. They haven't wrestled a match in a week and have another week after this one before Army. These guys really need a rest?
Most of the starters will likely wrestle...maybe 2-3 backups will go. It is a long season, making weight is more of a grind than crushing an inferior opponent. American is one of the worst teams in D-1, good to get some back ups a match.

Most of the starters will likely wrestle...maybe 2-3 backups will go. It is a long season, making weight is more of a grind than crushing an inferior opponent. American is one of the worst teams in D-1, good to get some back ups a match.
Exactly.

Looks like De Santis is going at 157 tonight

I think the tweet was referring to the idea that both teams had a shore wrestling grad competing, not that they would be wrestling one another. They are definitely at different weights.

Yeah, Maida is a 133er but it's definitely confusing and an awkwardly worded.

A lot of talk of guys needing a rest. They haven't wrestled a match in a week and have another week after this one before Army. These guys really need a rest?
It’s not so much “needing” a rest as much as it is “will benefit from” a rest

Reactions: MS-RU
It’s not so much “needing” a rest as much as it is “will benefit from” a rest
Bingo.

The season is an absolute grind, especially when conference duals begin in January. Goody needs to have these guys peaking in March and not worn out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT