ADVERTISEMENT

No. 14 Rutgers Wrestling Heads to Detroit for 2022 NCAA Championships / Tournament Thread

NO!

From seeds we'll be in the top 20 but hard pressed to get anywhere near 15. A couple guys would have to out preform their seeds immensely to get even close to 10.
Thanks koleszar, that was a pretty emphatic no :) I saw we're ranked 14th so i thought maybe we had a shot at top 10.

Last edited:
Thanks koleszar, that was a pretty emphatic no :) I saw we're ranked 14th so i thought maybe we had a shot at top 10.
Skull that's a dual not tournament ranking. I'm just going off seeds and points from previous tournaments. If the seeds hold we will finish somewhere around 20th.

Reactions: Skull83
Seabass, to beat Eierman, has got to constantly attack the legs, and be heavy on the head. Stay in position, CONSTANTLY, and get out of any funks that Eierman tries to bait him into!

Looks like O`Neill is up first on mat 7 and the Shwaver is 2 matches later on the same mat

Connor O`Neill, 13-15 (Rutgers) vs Dominic Solis, 15-15 (Maryland)
Dylan Shawver, 21-9 (Rutgers) vs Michael DeAugustino, 10-4 (Northwestern)

Oliveri in the hole mat 3

Devan Turner, 20-6 (Oregon State) vs Joe Olivieri, 21-9 (Rutgers)

Reactions: koleszar
Horrible to give up the 2 at the end of the 1st with 3 secs left. Shawver down 2-0 after 1st.

Oh and thank god we finally wrestle someone other than a B1G opponent next match.

Shawver gives up a TD at the end of the period and trails 2-0 after 1

Takedown at end of 1st proved to be the killer. Shawver out wrestled him just couldn't finish on a deep takedown attempt.

DeAugistino just had too much power and defense. Shawver wrestled hard but just couldn’t finish.
To me he really didn't do much after the 1st. Seemed Shawver was more the aggressor didn't see DeAugistino take one shot.

Reactions: Leonard23
Shawver definitely wrestled well. DeAugistino was very good defensively and was stronger so he was able to fight off the shots.

Reactions: Leonard23
Wow... Hildebrandt, Ayala, McKee, Heinselman, and Schroder all lost this round. Rough start for the B1G at 125.

Reactions: njsportsphan
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT